One Happy Book Launch: "Happy Customers Everywhere"
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (EDT)
One Happy Book Launch: An Evening with Author Prof. Bernd Schmitt
Co-sponsored by the Columbia Business School Alumni Club of New York
Happy Customers Everywhere book launch
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
6:30pm - 8:30pm
250 Hudson Street, 16th Floor, New York, NY
Join us for a wine reception with author, Professor Bernd Schmitt, and a special discussion with leading marketers on their efforts to create happy customers and organizations.
- Julie Cottineau, Founder, BrandTwst; Former VP of Brand, Virgin USA
- Peter DeNunzio, President, Customer Loyalty, Aimia US
- Owen Rankin, Executive Vice President Brand Stewardship, Edelman
Happy Customers Everywhere was released on April 24, 2012 (order now). A couple of lucky registrants will arrive to find a signed copy of the book waiting for them, additional copies of the book will be available for purchase at the event for only $15.
About the Book:
Every business knows that the best customer is a happy customer. They return again and again, bring their friends and family, and deliver tons of free advertising via word of mouth and social media. But in order to grow that loyal base, you must be keenly aware of your customers’ needs and preferences. Drawing on the latest research in the exploding field of positive psychology, SCHMITT offers three unique approaches any business can use to turning a casual customer into a committed fan:
- The Feel-Good Method: Use the experience of pleasure and positive emotion to hook new customers, and watch those feel-good moments transform a casual customer into a committed loyalist
- The Values-and-Meaning Method: Attract passionate customers by appealing to their core values, like being socially responsible, protecting the environment, or living a simple life
- The Engagement Method: Get customers to notice a unique or limited offer, immerse them in the experience, and have them share it with friends and family.
Schmitt shows marketers, brand managers, and entrepreneurs how to design an authentic and successful campaign that will reach, grow, and sustain a devoted base of customers.
When & Where
Columbia Business School's Center on Global Brand Leadership
The Center on Global Brand Leadership creates, gathers, and shares insights on how to build and manage strong brands.
Combining the research and intellectual capital of academia's foremost thinkers on branding with real world business cases, we show how all elements of an organization – from marketing and communications to supply chain and operations – can affect brands and their relationships with stakeholders.
The Center fosters a community of researchers, alumni, students, and global business leaders to advance new knowledge, promote widespread learning, and serve as a forum to address the many challenges of brand building, brand management, and strategic marketing.
The Center on Global Brand Leadership was founded in 1999 at Columbia Business School under the direction of Professor Bernd Schmitt, a world authority on marketing and branding. The Center has global partnerships with leading business schools — in the U.S., China, Germany, Korea, Spain, and Singapore — providing an unmatched resource for researchers and practitioners.
The Center on Global Brand Leadership is proud to be supported by Aimia in executing its mission.