If you sign up to attend in person, please bring a contribution with you! Bring $20, $50, something to add to the prize pool, or some exciting gear or code to share. Financial contributions will help cover t-shirts, snacks, and lunches.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Tell your friends (and physicist enemies) --
The Physics Game Jam is an OLPC Jam devoted towards learning to produce and producing physics-based games for the XO laptop. It will be held August 29th-31st, 2008 in Cambridge MA.
Prizes will include an OLPC XO, various tech goodies, OLPC swag and a SURPRISE PRIZE.
If you want to attend, but don't want your name to appear on the attendees list, contact Brian at bcjordan gmail.
Types of teams:
- Professional developers (suggested: teams of 2-4)
- Independent developers / mixed (suggested: teams of 2-4)
- Youth developers (suggested: teams of 2-4)
- Level designers
- Remote developers (suggested: 1-4 team members) - Takes place online.
- Staff and support (graphic artists, musicians, sound designers, video producers, event supporters)
- Eric Jordan of the Box2D project will be giving a talk on developing physics games with pyBox2D for the OLPC XO.
- Nirav Patel, Google Summer of Code student working on vision processing for the XO will describe combining physics and vision processing for interactive games.
- Alex Levenson, OLPC summer intern and creator of the x2o physics game will talk about level design for his game.
- Brief introductions to git and source control, wikis, and the XO hardware
- How to package an activity for Sugar
Visit our wiki page for more information: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Physics_Jam
- An XO developers program laptop
- Various swag from XO accessory retailers XOExplosion and ilovemyxo
- Other prizes that will be announced at the beginning of the jam (contact bcjordan gmail to donate a prize for the event)