San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
OLD SACRAMENTO CELEBRATES MARDI GRAS ON FEB. 9
WITH LIVE MUSIC AT DIVERSE BARS AND RESTAURANTS
Classic rock ’n’ roll, jazz and Cajun music will fill Old Sacramento’s bars restaurants and clubs on Saturday, February 9, beginning at 5 p.m. in celebration of Mardi Gras. The event, presented by the Old Sacramento Business Association offers revelers an opportunity to get VIP access to the diversity of evening entertainment establishment’s in the region’s historic business district. Advance tickets are only $10 ($15 on the night of the event) and available at participating venues including River City Saloon, O'Mally's Irish Pub and Laughs Unlimited and online.
The 2013 Old Sacramento Mardi Gras is being sponsored by the Eagle 96.9 FM. And Budweiser Black Crown.
VIP wristbands get wearers prefereed service at participating venues and access to all of the live music. Benefits vary per venue but include free cover charge, "front of line" privileges at restarants and bars, meal and drink specials, free swag and more. Proceeds from wristbands support Old Sacramento's promotions and events. Offers subject to change and may be limited by capacity and availability.
A dozen bars and restaurants within a two block walk of each other are participating in this one-night-only live music festival and offering specials for wristband wearers including
- Joe's Crab Shack (VIP benefits: top of waiting list, free appetizer for party of two or more - $7.99 value, live music with Rio Americano High School Jazz Band)
- River City Old West Saloon (VIP benefits: free cover charge all night and food and drink specials, beads as supplies last. Music by Old Town Boys)
- Fanny Ann's Saloon (music by Yesterday's News)
- O'Mally's Irish Pub (music by Christopher Twomey)
- Laughs Unlimited (VIP benefit: free cover for live classic rock band, "Bad Caddies," free cover for both comedy shows - $20 value - with comedy hypnotist Don Barnhart.)
- The Other Office (music by Analog Jazz)
- Coconut Grove Sports Bar and Grill (music by Catfish and the Crawdaddies)
- Steamers Bakery and Cafe (music by Gail and Vernon)
- La Terraza (VIP benefits: Free appetizer per table when ordering meals, drink specials inlcuding $2 beers. guitarist Edson Artica)
- Fat City - (VIP benefits: $1 off any beverage, $5 off any entree. With music from country/class rock duo Becca and Chuck)
- Delta King (VIP benefit: 25% off bar appetizer in Delta Bar & Grille. Music by Jazz Gitan)
- Vega's Underground
- Holiday Inn Capital Plaza (Music by Todd Troutman and Heather Rose)
- Hornblower Cruises (Mardi Gras Happy Hour Cruise boards at 6:15 p.m. with music by Sabor Jazz. Half off with wristband. Regular price $20. Advanced reservations for cruise recommended here.)
Each venue will have live music and VIP specials for ticket holders from 5 to 10 p.m. when each venue will continue with its regular Saturday entertainment and specials. Additional shops and restaurants will have additional specials for wristband wearers, including Ten22 (10% off food), Evangeline's (10% of Mardi Gras beads, hats, costumes and masks), carriage rides from Top Hand Ranch ($5 off rides to out of Old Sac like the Capital and the promenade) and Village Hat Shop (10% off everything).
REDEEM YOUR TICKETS FOR A WRISTBAND AT PARTICIPATING VENUES, INCLUDING RIVER CITY SALOON AND LAUGHS UNLIMITED.
When & Where
Old Sacramento Business Association
Non-profit organization of over 130 restaurants, museums, bars, shops and hotels on Sacramento's historic waterfront.