April 26, 2013
6 AIA HSW CE Hours
3 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
“ Agenda ”
09:00 - 10:00 AM
Recycled Content Surfacing Materials: Identifying Value Under LEED and Beyond
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: ICS06C
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI course ID: 0090009501
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Presenter: Todd Schoenemann
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfaces and their
environmental significance including reducing the use of natural resources and improving indoor
air quality. We will compare and contrast traditional and recycled surfacing materials and explain
the importance of “going beyond green.”
10:10 - 11:10 AM
Sustainable Materials in Restrooms, Locker Rooms and Other Applications
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: ISP10B
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | USGBC Course ID: 0090007573
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Scranton Products
Presenter: Mike Clark
•Define and describe the material characteristics of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE).
•Describe how HDPE recycled content reduces environmental impact.
•List several ways HDPE materials offer both initial and long term improvements to the indoor air
quality of any project.
•Explain how responsible manufacturing is a critical part of any product’s life cycle assessment
and give several examples of these environmental improvements over traditional manufacturing
11:20 - 12:20 PM
Exterior Continuous Insulated Claddings for Energy Efficiency and Architectural Diversity
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course Number: BL0002
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI Course ID: 0090005704
AIA Provider: Dryvit System, Inc.
Presenter: JW Mollohan
1. Deconstruct the "perceived" value of traditional insulation methods and reduced performance
within framed wall assemblies and reconstruct new strategies for developing true "effective"
insulation value and high performance.
2. Identify and define model energy code and green design standard's requirements for exterior
3. Differentiate between "prescriptive" R-value "performance" U-factor wall design paths and
recognize where continuous insulation must be integrated.
4. Discover the interrelationship between exterior insulated cladding and the use of continuous
insulation to achieve energy efficient, cost effective and aesthetically pleasing design solutions.
12:20 - 01:20 PM Lunch on your own
01:20 - 02:20 PM
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: IMU07C
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Rick Davis
• Define stone coated Metal.
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals
and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project
earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient & Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
02:30 - 03:30 PM
Sustainable Design uses for Large Opening Wall Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course Number: SD0001
AIA Provider: Nanawall Systems, Inc.
Presenter: Harmen Bollen
Learning Objective 1: Familiarize attendees with terminology, capabilities, and usage of large
operable glass walls
Learning Objective 2: Provide answers of how large operable glass walls play a vital role in
sustainable /GREEN design
Learning Objective 3: Demonstrate how the function of operable glass wall systems improve
the Health, Safety, and Welfare of building occupants
Learning Objective 4: Illustrate new ideas to tke into the design process of schools, hospitals,
and other commercial applications and to help attendees through that
03:40 - 04:40 PM
EPS - High Performance Building Insulation
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: EPS104
AIA Provider: Carlisle Construction Materials
Presenter: Marc Chrisco
Understand EPS properties that make it an effective construction insulator: Long Term Mositure
Prevention, Compressive Strength, and SUstainable R-Value. Explore these properties in
real-world below-grade applications and contrast them with other comparable insulations.
• Understand Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) and its uses in the construction industry.
• Explore ASTM C578 specifications for EPS.
• Learn about the environmental benefits of EPS insulation, including Recyclability,
Energy Efficiency and LEED.
• Review EPS properties that make it an effective below-grade insulator: Sustainable
R-Value, Compressive Strength, Long Term Moisture Prevention.
• Compare and contrast EPS with certain insulation types.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.