Limited to 25 people. Time 2pm to roughly 5pm!
This is the third and LAST tour for 2016 - Oct 8, 2016.
Tour will be lead by Tony Pellino, OEC’s Assistant Brewer. Please be aware that there will be a decent amount of walking including stairs. Part of the tour will also be outdoors so please bring umbrella if weather requires it.
Tour includes the following areas:
- Custom Made OEC Brewhouse (Mash/brew ketter & Lauter Tun & Coolship & Beaudelot Cooler) All OEC beers go through our coolship!
- OEC/B. United Barrel Cellar (over 300+ barrels from around the world)
- Smoker & Barrel Aging House (for smoking malts & more barrels roughly 50 barrels)
- Vineyard French American hybrids that can survive the CT climate (Chambourcin, Marechal Foch, Vidal Blanc & Traminette)
- Orchard (Sour Cherry Tree, Peach Tree, Black & Yellow Raspberries, Red Gooseberries, Red & Black Currants, Rhubarb and many more)
- Herb/Spices Greenhouse (Sage, Rosemary, Oregano, Chamomile, Coriander, Cilantro, Hyssop and many more)
- Citrus Greenhouse (Bouquet de Fleur Sour Orange Trees, Chinotto Sour Oranges, Sanguinelli Blood Oranges, Indo Mandarinquat Kumqauts, Ethrog Citrons, Santa Teresa Feminello Lemons, and many more)
- Experimental Fermentation House (Amphorae/Terracotta Barrels - Granit Fermentation Vessels - Solera System) NEW!
- Apiary (Bee Hives)
- Vintaging Cellar (with beers dating back to 1983)
- Keg Cleaning Room
- Keg Filling/Bottling Room & Warm Room
- Eisbarn in Winter & Hot House in Summer (more barrels roughly 15 barrels allowing them to be exposed to the elements)
- Underground Fermentation/Aging Pit (Urwaga Pit)
- and other current projects...
What you get as part of this tour?
Questions - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Save This Event
When & Where
We are an unusual "sour & wild ale" brewery stemming from neither here nor there. We take influence from the great lost brewing traditions of the areas going from Northern Germany across to Belgium combining them with modern brewing techniques.