There's a movement growing across this country. Thousands of people are saying that they've had enough of Wall St, DC, and an economy that only works for 1% of us.
To support and expand this movement, we're organizing a last minute hackathon. Our goal is to get a room full of programmers, designers, artists and anyone else who's interested, all working on hacks and tools to make the movement stronger.
We'll kick things off Friday night with some overviews of whats happening and form teams. We'll finish Saturday evening with presentations.
Few other notes:
- To keep things grounded, we're reaching out to various occupations across the country to get a wishlist of what they'd like built. We'll also have a few folks from various campaigns and organizations there to give you more insight in what will be useful.
- There's no prize money here. This is being organized by a group of volunteers. But, at the end of the day on Saturday, we'll have presentations and vote on an audience favorite.
- We're doing this fast and with not a lot of resources. If you'd like to help out, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We could use help with promoting the event and logistics during the day.
- If you've got an API or dataset that you think could be helpful, please contact us at email@example.com. If you'd like to sponsor the event, we'd love to hear from you too ;)
- Everything made should be open source
- No black hat (ie we're hacking to support #occupywallst, not hacking Wall St ;)