San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
It is that time again for the annual 3x3 OC YMF Basketball Tournament. The tournament is open to all teams consisting of professional engineers and student engieers. To register your team e-mail Nestor Godinez at email@example.com.
This year's tournament is going to be held on Saturday June 15 at the Cal State Fullerton Recreation Center located on campus. Parking is free and entry into the tournatment and recreation center are also free. Everyone is free to attend to cheer on their favorite team of engineers.
Tournament will start at NOON and team brackets will be created based on the number of teams participating.
Contact Nestor Godinez at 714-454-8946
Refer to the link below to see a CSUF campus Map.
ASCE 3x3 Tourney Rules
All “Standard” basketball rules apply. We will be looking for volunteer refs from the sidelines. We will have a few volunteers not playing to assist, but please try to be fair and regulate your own games and foul/violation calls. This is a fun event, but with a trophy on the line, so we are sure to see some competition.
· Each team will consist of at least 3 required players. A roster of 4 players will be allowed with 1 substitution per game.
· Baskets will be worth one point inside the arc and two points outside the arc. Baskets scored by female participants are worth double (two points inside, four points outside).
· Game is to 21 points or the team with the highest score in 30 minutes. Championship game will have no time limit.
· Must be employed by a civil engineering company or public agency or a student (non-engineers are welcome so your marketing and project accountants are welcome to participate)
· Tournament will be seeded at random during the day of the tournament
· For general gameplay rules, we will defer to the NBA 3 on 3 rules.
ASCE 3-Point Shooting Contest Rules
This year’s tournament will also include a 3-point shooting contest for the teams that do not make it to the semifinal round. Each member of the winning team will receive a prize. Rules for the 3-point shooting contest will be as follows:
· Each team member will shoot a total of (5) 3-point shots from any spot to the contestants’ liking outside the arc. However, choose the spot wisely as all 5 shots need to come from the same spot.
· For teams with more than 3 team members, please designate 3 shooters for the competition.
· Each made basket will count as 1 point, with the 5th and final shot from each member counting as 2 points.
· There will be a time limit of 5 minutes for each team to complete the competition.
· The team with the highest combined score will be declared the winner