Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
OC AUTISM: PARENT PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOP
Topic: “Understanding Special Education Rights and Services”
Host: Julie Chau Diep, MS, CCC-SLP, OC Autism & New Hope Therapy Center (NHTC)
Speakers: Panel Discussion to empower parents and give them a better understanding to help their child.
- Advocates, Public Law and Special Education Attorneys (TBA: To Be Announced)
Date/Time: Tuesday, September 09, 2014 from 6-8pm
Location: 11200 Stanford Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92840
- Regional Center Eligibility/ Dismissal Criterion: Understanding Regional Center requirements and requesting for programs and services (including respite care, therapy and additional support)
- Special Education Timeline: Preparing and requesting for testing, services and IEP meetings to discuss areas of concerns, progress and increase or individualized/1:1 services
- School District Collaboration: Supporting parents to become a active member of the IEP team and documenting your child's strengths and weaknesses in order to request for services
- FAPE/IEE/NPS/NPA: Exercising your Special Education Rights to access Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE), getting a second opinion or Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE) to support your need for additional services and requesting for an outside placement or Non-Public School (NPS) and/or Non-Public Agency (NPA) for therapy (including Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Applied Behavior Analysis)
For More Information: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sam (714) 539-6207