San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Tickets for Founders Forum this semester are sold out (unless people cancel a few tickets)-- but there are still many other great events to get involved.
Entrepreneuership-as-a-Skill PR and Branding Workshop with Brian Cohen: http://bit.ly/eia-u-4
End-of-Semester Entrepreneurial Resource Party: http://bit.ly/eia-nyuen-party
The premier pitch event at NYU, Founders Forum, is here again! Come see your peers show what they've done as entrepreneurs in this showcase of students startups.
Hear what their companies are about, as they pitch and get feedback from a series of judges. This year's panel includes:
- Sutian Dong, Venture Investor at FirstMark Capital
- David Reitz, Investor at WestBridge Investments
- Brian Malkerson, Director of NYC SeedStart
- Brendan Dickinson, Associate Canaan Partners
- J. Skyler Fernandes, Venture Capitalist at Centripital Capital Partners
Six student startups from across all the schools of NYU will show the audience what it takes to launch a venture:
- Corvus Technologies, GPS Metrics
- Cognitive ToyBox, Child Development
- EdenWorks, Urban Farming
- SocialEffort, Platform for Volunteering
- Clean Water for Everyone, Affordable Water Treatment
- TapMedia, App Development
Food will be served, and there will be time for networking after the event.
When & Where
NYU Entrepreneurship & Innovation Association
The Entrepreneurship & Innovation Association (EIA) seeks to create an entrepreneurial ecosystem based upon NYU Poly's i2e mission. The club will provide a forum to learn the concepts of entrepreneurship, provide the benefits of self-employment, and the step-by-step path involved in launching and commercializing your own ideas.
The EIA is dedicated to helping NYU-School of Engineering students navigate the entrepreneurial world. We want to help you find collaborators and cofounders or give you the know-how to work at a start-up.
Integration - Among students in different majors from all NYU schools, students will also interact with faculty and alumni.
Commercialization - Provide students with concepts of entrepreneurship and opportunities to work on commercializing their ideas.
Employment - Help students get internships and jobs through networking with alumni and startups.