NYC St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Saturday, March 16, 2013 from 9:30 AM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
South Orange, NJ
Join your fellow Pirates as we march together to represent Seton Hall in the New York City St. Patrick's Day Parade! Tickets are limited so get yours now.
Charter bus transportation to and from Seton Hall, bagged bagel breakfast,
and Seton Hall parade sash
Please refer to the Participant Guidelines at the bottom of this page
before purchasing your ticket!
9:30 a.m. - Mass at Seton Hall's Chapel of the Immaculate Conception
10:15 a.m. - Bagel breakfast at the Pirate’s Cove, University Center
11 a.m. - Buses depart from SHU (in front of University Center)
12:30 p.m. - Arrive at our contingent’s meeting location in NYC (Holy Cross School, 332 West 43rd Street—between 8thand 9th Avenues)
12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Free time to congregate at Holy Cross, watch the parade, or buy lunch at one of the nearby establishments
2:30 p.m. - Reconvene at Holy Cross so that SHU’s contingent can walk as a group to our marshaling area
Our buses will depart from NYC to return to SHU promptly after the parade. We will return to SHU in the evening, exact time depending upon parade length and traffic.
IMPORTANT: THESE GUIDELINES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED BY THE PARADE COMMITTEE IN NYC
Any participant who does not meet these standards or who brings unacceptable items will not be permitted to march.
1. Do not bring any flags or banners to carry with you.
2. No displays of any kind are permitted.
3. No animals or mascots are permitted.
4. No eating, drinking, or smoking is permitted in the Line of March.
5. No children’s pull or push wagons are permitted.
6. BUSINESS DRESS CODE IS REQUIRED.
7. Green hats, sneakers, or other “odd ball” dress is not permitted.
8. Shirts with advertising are NOT an appropriate form of dress.
9. Please remember, you are on Fifth Avenue for one hour once a year and you should march with pride in your heritage and dress accordingly.