Attend OTA's 2014 Data Privacy Day Town Hall to learn and network with leaders in data privacy, security and breach readiness and response. Help make data privacy and protection part of your brand value while getting an update on the evolving regulatory landscape. The program includes a networking breakfast and a series of engaging panel discussions. Attend and connect 1:1 with the FTC, Secret Service FBI, State Attorney General Office’s and others discussing the latest in security, privacy and data protection best practices.
Is your company at risk of becoming the next Target? Join the afternoon workshop to develop an effective breach readiness plan. Attendees will partipcate in a breach response exercise, while reviewing best practices, examples and prescriptive guidance from the experts.
- Security by Design: What Every Business Should Know From Becoming a Statistic! This session will review key challenges and steps to enhance data and brand protection. Speakers will discuss common mistakes that led to major data breaches and easy steps that business should do in the event that a breach occurs. Highlights from the OTA 2014 Data Protection and Incident Response Guide will be outlined and speakers will provide actionable advice to better protect data, including best practices in customer notifications, identity theft remediation and working with law enforcement.
- BYOD and Mobile Device Optimization. Whether you have a work phone, managing your company BYOD policy or are a consumer with latest smartphone, it is important to be aware of how you can optimize the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. From enabling geo-location tracking, password locks to clearing cookies and sharing contacts and your microphone, this session will demonstrate steps on how to customize your mobile phone settings, balancing your privacy and harnessing the powoer of new innovative services, applications and device features.
- Breach Readiness Planning Workshop (afternoon optional session, closed to the press)
2 ½ hour workshop will present the fundamentals of how a business should maximize the protection of consumer and business data and how to be prepared for the likelihood of breach incident. Based on the OTA 2014 Data Protection and Incident Response Guideline, the workshop will run through key steps that all businesses should take, to better manage their data strategy and to be prepared for a loss. This workshop will include a breach response exercise to illustrate the impact and business shock arising from a breach incident.
SPEAKERS: (Bios https://otalliance.org/events/2014DpD/DpDspeakers.html)
- Heather Federman, Director of Public Policy, Online Trust Alliance
- Jordan Loyd, Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Deborah Marrone, Assistant Regional Director, NE Region, Federal Trade Commission
- Caroline McCaffery, General Counsel, Chief Privacy Officer, Sailthru Inc.
- Brian Rauer, Ex Director & General Counsel Better Business Bureau of New York
- Tim Rohrbaugh, Chief Information Security Officer, Intersections Inc.
- Clark Russell, Assistant Attorney General State of New York
- Craig Spiezle, Executive Director & President, Online Trust Alliance
- Sal Tripi, AVP & Chief Privacy Officer, Publishers Clearing House
- Jacqueline Wagner, Managing Director, Data Protection & Privacy, PwC
- Richard Weaver,Deputy Privacy Officer, comScore Inc
* IAPP CPE Credits - International Association of Privacy Professionals may qualify for up to 6 CPE credits. Registration fees are not refundable, but may be transferred at no-charge to another employee of the same company upon request a minimum of 48 hours prior to the event.
When & Where
The Online Trust Alliance (OTA)
OTA's mission is to enhance online trust, while promoting innovation and the vitality of the internet. Founded in 2005, OTA’s goal is to help educate businesses and policy makers, developing best practices to enhance the protection of users' security and privacy. OTA supports collaborative public-private partnerships, benchmark reporting, meaningful self-regulation and data stewardship. https://otalliance.org