NW Pastors Day 2013
Thursday, May 2, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The 4th NW Pastors Day for pastors and leaders in Oregon and SW Washington will be held Thursday, May 2nd in Salem at the Salvation Army Kroc Center. The day costs just $17.50 per person ($15 for those from sponsoring groups- contact your district/association/conference office for the discount code) and includes a catered lunch.
Sponsoring Associations and Denominations:
- Association of the Churches of God of Oregon and SW Washington
- NW District of the Foursquare Churches
- Pacific Conference North American Evangelical Church
- Oregon Pacific District Church of the Nazarene
- Salvation Army Cascade Division
- NW District Wesleyan Church
- Oregon Conference Free Methodist Church
- The Oregon Ministry Network of the Assemblies of God
We are pleased to announce Dr. Leonard Sweet as the keynote speaker.
"One of the church’s most important and provocative thinkers."
“No church leader understands better how to navigate the seas of the 21st century.”
“A writer of vast imagination, poise and charm.”
“Some statistician-types will drown you in doom and gloom. Sweet’s message is uplifting, hopeful and relevant.”
- Historian of American culture.
- Futurist/semiotician who "sees things the rest of us do not see, and dreams possibilities that are beyo most of our imagining."
- World-wide speaker who has spoken in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Brazil, England, Wales, South Africa, South Korea, Iceland, Scotland, and most recently, China, Indonesia, and Latvia.
- Preacher and writerwho communicates the gospel powerfully to a postmodern age by bridging the worlds of academe and popular culture.
- Twice voted by his peers“One of the 50 Most Influential Christians in America” by ChurchReport Magazine.
- Author of more than two hundred articles, over twelve hundred published sermons, more than forty books, and over 50 prefaces/forewords to others' books. He currently is the chief weekly contributor to the lectionary-based sermons.com. Sweet has weekly podcasting on iTunes entitled Napkin Scribbles.
- E. Stanley Jones Professor of Evangelism at Drew University, and Visiting Distinguished Professor at George Fox University, Portland.
His latest writings include:
- The Gospel According to Starbucks (WaterBrook Press, 2007)
- The Voice from on High (Thomas Nelson, 2007)
- The Voice: Genesis (Thomas Nelson, 2008)
- The Church of the Perfect Storm (Abingdon, 2008)
- 11: Indispensable Relationships You Can't Be Without (Cook Communications, 2008)
- Postmodern and Wesleyan?: Exploring the Boundaries and Possibilities (Beacon Hill Press, 2009)
- So Beautiful (Cook Communications, 2009)
- Jesus Manifesto: Restoring the Supremacy and Sovereignty of Jesus Christ (with Frank Viola) (Thomas Nelson, 2010)
- Nudge: Awakening Each Other to the God Who’s Already There (David C. Cook, 2010)
- Real Church in a Social Network World: From Facebook to Face-to-Face Faith (WaterBrook Press, 2011) (e-book)
- I Am a Follower: The Way, Truth, and Life of Following Jesus (Thomas Nelson, 2012)
- Viral: How Social Networking is Poised to Ignite Revival (WaterBrook Press, 2012)
- What Matters Most: How We Got the Point but Missed the Person (WaterBrook Press, 2012)
- The Greatest Story Never Told: Revive Us Again (Abingdon Press, 2012)
- Jesus: A Theography (with Frank Viola) (Thomas Nelson, 2012)
Len is increasingly being asked to lecture around the world, and has spoken in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Brazil, England, Wales, South Africa, South Korea, Iceland, Scotland, and most recently, China, Indonesia, and Latvia.
When & Where
Oregon and SW Washington Wesleyan-Holiness Leaders
The purpose of the Holiness Pastors and Leaders Day is to create an opportunity for conversation regarding the message/life of holiness and its power in engaging and transforming communities. Ample time has been set aside in the day’s schedule for this conversation to take place.