November 16, 2012 - HDI Charlotte - Windows 8
Friday, November 16, 2012 from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Topic: Windows 8
Date: Friday, November 16, 2012
Time: 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Location: Johnson & Wales University, Academic Center, Fourth Floor, Classroom 422
(Parking info below)
Our next HDI Charlotte meeting will be on November 16, 2012 over lunch from 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM featuring Christopher Allen with CB5 Solutions. We encourage all helpdesk, technical support, vendor, and customer service professionals to attend.
Topic: Introducing Windows 8
- The New User Experience: Just breathe and get back to work
- More Than Shiny: Should businesses consider Windows 8?
- Support Considerations: But I have to fix it!
- In Summary: Smart Choices
Christopher Allen has been providing technical consulting and support services in the Carolinas since 1994 including fifteen years with Microsoft’s Product Support Services. He has performed roles supporting small businesses and large corporations worldwide, ranging from Help Desk support to Technical Sales Consulting and Technical Support Team Management. He has developed and delivered both application and Windows platforms training courses. Currently, he is providing Technical Team Leadership for the Support Services supplementary support team of CB5 Solutions.
Meeting Sponsor: CB5 Solutions (www.cb5solutions.com)
CB5 Solutions is a company focused on providing the highest level of quality in IT consulting to both government and private businesses. CB5 has significant experience in both the Federal and commercial market in integrating a wide range of technical solutions and delivering support skills. CB5 Solutions’ consulting team works with their customers to design, develop and deploy infrastructure solutions that address needs unique to their business and industry.
- Transition Experts: designed/deployed 1,300 user Presidential of the United States Transition in team network
- Recognized by GSA as one of the best designed transition environments.
- Offer unique technical skills in Microsoft systems unmatched in DoD. Our SMEs have proven their expertise and skills by achieving coveted Microsoft Certified Masters certification in four technical disciplines including, Active Directory (2 of 6 in Nation), Advance Infrastructure (1 of 8 in World), Exchange 2010, and Office 365.
- Have work in some of the largest and most complex Microsoft infrastructures in the nation, including US Army, US Air Force, US Marines, SSA, Department of Energy, AFCENT, NORTHCOM, and many others.
- Knowledge leaders in Microsoft technologies, presenting at Microsoft conferences and consulting for Microsoft in scarce skills areas
Johnson & Wales University, Academic Center, Fourth Floor, Classroom 422
Directions & Parking:
801 West Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202
Free parking is provided at JWU “Lot B” (gravel lot located adjacent to Mt. Moriah Baptist Church) at 709 West Trade St. Please follow the blue and white “Johnson & Wales University/HDI Charlotte” signs to the main entrance of the Academic Center, then take the elevator to the fourth floor, Classroom 422:
General directions and a campus map are also available at: