Nothin' But Sand Beach Cleanup
Saturday, June 21, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (PDT)
Pacific Palisades, CA
PROTECT WHAT YOU LOVE
Our monthly Nothin' But Sand cleanups are public events open for all to join.
This is a great opportunity for you and your family, friends or associates to get involved. We take care of the setup, all you need to do is show up!
- Bring cash if you plan to park in the lot (there is no discounted parking) or come early to find street parking.
- Volunteers must be 13 years old if you are dropping off, or if younger than 13, must be accompanied by an adult supervising.
- Reusable buckets and garden gloves will be provided. However, to help with extending our supplies until the end, please try to bring your own reusable garden gloves and bucket or reuse a washable tote bag from home.
- We also encourage you to bring a reusable water bottle to refill. Water is available at all cleanups.
- If you are in need of community service hours, your time can be validated at this event. Be sure to return to the registration table to receive a proper form to verify your participation. We do not verify service hours after the event concludes.
- Send e-mail
- Call 800 HEAL BAY, x148 if you have questions or concerns.
If you are bringing a group of 15 or more, please do let us know. All cleanup volunteers must have a signed waiver form. The cleanup will begin at 10 a.m.
Note: NBS is a rain or shine event. Cleanups are only cancelled for lightning or thunderstorms due to risk. We will still hold the cleanup in light and steady rain.
Sold Out Events: When a cleanup is said to be SOLD OUT, you can still volunteer! Just bring your own reusable cleanup supplies (a bucket and garden gloves), as we will not have enough for everyone.
GIVE A HAND TO NOTHIN’ BUT SAND
Can't join us for this cleanup? You can still make a difference and help protect what you love. Donate $5 and you can provide cleanup supplies* and let us offer educational training for two volunteers to spend an hour and a half removing cigarette butts, bags and other trash from the beach. Or, give $10 to double your impact and fund four cleanup volunteers.
Donate now at healthebay.org/give2clean.
When & Where
Heal the Bay
Heal the Bay is a nonprofit environmental organization making Southern California coastal waters and watersheds, including Santa Monica Bay, safe, healthy and clean. We use science, education, community action and advocacy to pursue our mission.