Not in Our State: Statewide Summit on Sexual Assault
Monday, August 12, 2013 at 8:00 AM - Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 5:00 PM (MDT)
The MSU VOICE Center announces Not In Our State: the 2nd Annual Statewide Summit on Sexual Assault, a two-day conference to take place on August 12-13, 2013 at the Montana State University Student Union Building in Bozeman, Montana. Join professionals and leaders from around the state for a fast paced, intensive training on the latest research in the field of interpersonal violence.
Pre-Conference Training on Sunday, August 11th is for Student Leaders who want to gain more experience with policy development, activism, and organizing.
Screening of "The Invisible War" on Sunday, August 11th is open to everyone. The screening will take place at 7pm at Bozeman's Emerson Theater and will be followed by a panel discussion featuring Lieutenant Governor John Walsh, Marine Cpl. Sara Albertson, and several others.
Day One (Monday, August 12th) is open to everyone. Research and presentations will include:
- David Lisak, PhD, Forensic Consultant and Researcher, on the undetected rapist, the realities of sexual assault, and neurobiology of trauma, and investigative strategies for successful prosecution of sexual assault
- Debra Kaysen, PhD, on the clinical management of alcohol use in the context of trauma focused therapies, and incorporating research of treatment methods of sexual victimization and PTSD into practice
- Elizabeth Slatt, LCSW, on prevention strategies for high school and middle schools, and experiential therapies for trauma survivors
- SAFER, on student activism and organizing for change
Day Two (Tuesday, August 13th) is limited to student leaders and administrators who are primarily from Montana Universities, Colleges, Tribal Colleges, and High Schools, and their community partners, and will provide opportunities to review and assess current practices and develop action plans for their campus-community. Student leaders will also receive training to implement in their communities. Day 2 Attendees may include, for example, the following:
- Title IX coordinators
- Student affairs leaders
- Directors of campus sexual assault programs and/or women’s centers
- Directors of student conduct offices
- Directors of student housing
- Student government
- Student advocates and educators
- Residence Life staff
- Student athletes
- Fraternity and Sorority leaders
- Campus law enforcement
- Local community-based sexual assault program leaders
The Full Summit AGENDA is available at: www.montana.edu/niossummit
Where can I stay during the conference?
We have several host hotels offering rooms at discounted rates for the Not In Our State Summit. Please visit http://www.montana.edu/niossummit/accommodations.php for accomodation information. If you are interested in staying with a host in Bozeman at their house, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how many people are in your party and any specific requests by July 19th. We will be in touch the week of July 22nd to confirm host housing information.
Where can I park?
Summit attendees will be able to park for free in the South Gatton Lot off of 7th Avenue (by the tennis courts and the field). All other parking will require a parking permit. http://www.montana.edu/police/maps.shtml (South Gatton Lot is listed as Lot #11 on this map)
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email email@example.com with any questions. Or feel free to give us a call at 406-994-7662.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Please register for each day of the summit you plan to attend, and bring your printed tickets to the registration table to receive your conference packet.
What is the refund policy?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide refunds for meals and snacks.