Conference for Basic Skills Initiative (BSI) Coordinators
Sponsored by the California Community Colleges' Success Network (3CSN-the BSI professional development grant) in collaboration with the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office (CCCCO)
- Northern California: Friday, September 16, 2011 at Sacramento City College
- Southern California: Friday, September 23, 2011 at North Coast Orange Community College Districts-Anaheim Campus
9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
All ESL/Basic Skills Coordinators are invited to thisFREE event.
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Review current long-term goals identified on your campus ESL/BSI action plan to ensure measurability, clarity, and relationship to improving student completion in the areas of ESL/Basic Skills
- Review ESL/BSI-funded activities on your campus to identify which goal they link to, what strategy in the Poppy Copy they address, and how the activities are helping students succeed
- Review the current evaluation plans in place for ESL/BSI-funded activities to ensure that successes are measured and documented.
- Welcome and introduction to the new Action Plan form-Mark Wade Liu
- Examining your campus's long-term goals as they relate to student success and the ESL/Basic Skills Initiative
- Collecting and evaluating the data of your BSI-Funded activities
- Introduction to the new BSI Cohort Tracking Tool
Please bring a copy of your 2009/10 action plans as well as the draft of your new 2010/11 action plans.
Sacramento City College
3835 Freeport Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95822