Northeast Permaculture Convergence 2012 - Full Weekend and Saturday Tickets
Friday, July 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM - Sunday, July 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM (EDT)
The 8th Annual Northeast Permaculture Convergence
July 13th - 15th
Soule Homestead and Education Center
46 Soule Street, Middleborough, MA 02346
This year’s convergence will follow in the tradition of past convergences: open to everyone, with programming throughout and a chance to meet other permaculture designers and activists and folks new to permaculture. The entire event will be very kid and family friendly.
Presentations and workshops from Skotty Kellogg of the Radix Center, Lisa DePiano of Mobile Design Lab, Dave Jacke and Eric Toensmeier of Edible Forest Gardens, and Ryan Harb of UMass Permaculture with topics ranging from polyculture design to hugelkultur to food systems planning, and much much more.
Be sure to register for Friday permaculture site tours separately here: http://neconvergencefieldtrips.eventbrite.com
- Interact with each other and observe each others’ strategies and successes;
- Catch and store the excitement and energy that comes with collaboration and sharing with the community;
- Walk away with a yield (new ideas, strengthened relationships, & next steps);
- Share your own strategies and receive feedback on how to improve their efficiency;
- Learn about renewable resources in your bio-region;
- Collaborate and imagine with others how to produce as little waste as possible in your own homestead;
- Take a weekend to step back and think about the design of your own life;
- Integrate with others in your bio-region;
- Develop new slow and small solutions, learn about local resources and produce more sustainable outcomes;
- Use and value the diversity of the Northeast’s resources and people;
- Learn about the differences among bio-regions across the Northeast and use these edges and margins to your advantage;
- Meet new people, learn about how they work, and create new ideas from theirs.
What you need to know about attending this year’s convergence
Onsite Registration, if you are attending the full weekend or Saturday program, is only open during these times:
- Friday 1pm - 8pm
- Saturday 8am - 2pm
Our goal is to make this a zero waste event, so we ask that you pack-in, pack-out. We will be composting on site and hope to reuse any materials that we can. Recycling/waste facilities will be available in case the need arises.
This event is predominately bring your own food, and we will be suplementing with local fresh and fermented food as much as possible throughout the weekend. There is water available on site, and we'll have coffee and tea. That said, if you can help us crowd source food for the convergence to feed everyone, please say yes when the registration form asks you.
There is limited refrigeration and heating facilities available onsite so plan accordingly. There are markets within driving distance of the site, and food vendors will be available onsite for Saturday lunch and dinner. Sunday Brunch will be provided for full weekend campers and commuters.
- Food and a cooler if neccessary
- Fermented food to share with others
- Cash if you will purchase food (Saturday lunch and dinner only) or other items from onsite vendors
- Camping Gear if you are staying onsite (including a tent) and bedding (be prepared for rain) Your own dishware & utensils
- A re-usable drinking container
- Clothing / products that will protect you from the sun
- Portable chair for outdoor presenters and music
- A printed copy of your registration confirmation
- Your own brilliant mind & heart
Optional items to bring:
- Items to trade or gift
- A swim suit if you plan on taking a run through the sprinkler
- Drums and other instruments
- A solar shower
- Mosquito repellent
Please do not bring:
- Alcohol / Drugs / Smoking
- Pets (except service dogs)
Also note: No fires on site and 10pm quiet hours
Join the Northeast Convergence PickupPal group to set up a carpool or rideshare to or from the Convergence.
There are several options for indoor lodging near Soule Homestead. Here are some that are near the site:
- Boston/Cape Cod KOA Campground - Middleborough, MA https://koa.com/campgrounds/boston/reserve/
- Camp Kiwanee - http://www.campkiwanee.com/rentals/camping/
- Holiday Inn Express – http://www.himiddleboro.com/
Cell Phone and WiFi
Cell phone service is spotty and varies by carrier on site; generally Verizon has 1 bar, AT&T has 3 bars, and T Mobile/ Metro PCS are unreliable. There is a landline for emergencies. There is no WiFi or internet connection available onsite.
When & Where
Northeast Permaculture Convergence
The convergence team is supported by:
• PINE, Permaculture Institute of the Northeast