January 16th General Mtg & 1Hr CPE Preso 430-6pm, Networking 6-7pm with Appetizers
Meeting Location: Sheraton Hotel, Room TBD, 10605 Deerwood Park Boulevard, Jacksonville,
Meeting Sponsor: Cisco
Cost: $10 for guests, Free to Registered ISSA Members
Our guest speaker: Moses Hernandez - Consulting Systems Engineer
Moses Hernandez has been in the Information Security space since the late 90’s. He’s been a Network Architect, Blue Teamer, Red Teamer, and Technologist. He’s also been a Platform operator and loves digging in deep. A teacher for the SANS Institute’s Penetration Testing courses and is currently a Consulting Systems Engineer for cisco Systems. Weather its getting deep into network and packets or reversing a binary, Moses Hernandez has been a true teacher of all things Technology. !
You can find more about him on his blog at www.moses.io or on his about me page at about.me/ moseshernandez!
Presentation: Return of the ...
The ‘industry’ has over time built us into islands and fiefdoms. A return of the grey beard(s) may be here. What does that really mean and how can we benefit in the IT Security Space. As we have exponentially advanced the technology space, does the role of Security person still fit? Should security professionals embrace a different role in life? Can we learn anything from people in other parts of technology?! In this talk I hope to evangelize my audience into embracing a brave old world brand new. To best explore this new trend in the industry we must first internalize it, and then begin to tear it apart. Are we tired of being those who detract and not enable our enterprises and businesses?! Welcome to another chapter, or maybe a different book altogether.
For More information on Cisco: http://www.cisco.com
• Patron Sponsors Page: http://neflorida.issa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=69
Schedule for 2014 Meetings:
Board / Chapter
6/26/14 Verizon, DBIR
Chapter goals and leadership principles:
• To have informative chapter events and fun professional social networking
• Share and promote vendor neutral best practices for information security
• Promote the educational and ethical standards, and the knowledge base of the ISSA association and the CISSP certification
More info: Please contact the local Board of Directors of the Jacksonville / NE Florida ISSA Chapter at: ISSA - Board@neflorida.issa.org
• Board Members: Kevin Porter (Baptist Health), Vicki Harris (Black Knight Financial), Chris Layfield (Verizon Enterprise); Scott Manning (Black Knight Financial), Rob Carver (Everbank)
To join ISSA: Go to www.issa.org and click Join Now. For the Chapter selection, find Northeast Florida chapter.