NEFL ISSA March 2015 Meeting: Resolution1 Security - Bad Guys Finish Last
- Business & Professional
- Sheraton Hotel, Room TBD, Jacksonville FL
April 11th General Mtg & 1Hr CPE Preso 430-6pm, Networking 6-7pm with Drinks and Appetizers
Meeting Location: Sheraton Hotel, Jaguar II Room, 10605 Deerwood Park Boulevard, Jacksonville,
Meeting Sponsor: Gigamon
Cost: Free to ISSA Members, $10 for Guest
Our guest speaker: Martin Langer - Gigamon
Martin has 20+ years’ experience working with fortune 1000 customers on NW troubleshooting, performance monitoring and security projects. For the past six years his focus has been on visibility solutions that improve threat response and remediation times. He has worked in Sales and Marketing for Test Equipment Manufactures such as Spirent and Ixia and currently Director of Sales for Gigamon.
Presentation: The Dynamic World of Threat Detection, Containment & Response
Regardless of size, network security is a top priority for all organizations. Networks are more vulnerable than ever due to the inherent risk of facilitating remote access in conjunction with the volume of traffic and the speed at which that traffic is flowing. As organizations migrate from 1Gb to 10Gb and beyond, network security tools struggle to keep up with these increasing connection speeds as the tools may not be designed to process the volume of packet traffic going through the protected link. Therefore, it is vital to implement security architectures and strategies that not only prevent security breaches, but can also dynamically react to potential threats and scale to meet future needs.
For More information on Gigamon: http://www.gigamon.com
• Patron Sponsors Page: http://neflorida.issa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=69
Schedule for 2013 Meetings:
5/23/13 Correro, TBD
Chapter goals and leadership principles:
• To have informative chapter events and fun professional social networking
• Share and promote vendor neutral best practices for information security
• Promote the educational and ethical standards, and the knowledge base of the ISSA association and the CISSP certification
More info: Please contact the local Board of Directors of the Jacksonville / NE Florida ISSA Chapter at: ISSA - Board@neflorida.issa.org
• Board Members: Kevin Porter (Baptist Health), Vicki Harris (Lender Processing Services), Jesse Webb (PSS World Medical); Chris Layfield (Verizon Business); Scott Manning (LPS), Rob Carver (Everbank)
To join ISSA: Go to www.issa.org and click Join Now. For the Chapter selection, find Northeast Florida chapter.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.