The Dallas-Fort Worth Coalition of Reason and the Secular Student Alliance are pleased to announce the North Texas Secular Student Convention on Saturday, April 14th at Collin College’s Preston Ridge Campus in Frisco, TX!
This convention has been organized by the local secular student organizations in the area. Active participants include:
Speakers confirmed include:
- Damon Fowler- student activist
- David Fitzgerald- historian, author of “Nailed: Ten Christian Myths That Show Jesus Never Existed At All”
- Hemant Mehta- author of “I Sold my Soul on eBay” and “The Friendly Atheist” blog
- Dorian Mooneyham- student LGBT activist
- Sam Singleton, Atheist Evangelist
- David Smalley, former editor of American Atheist magazine, host of Dogma Debate podcast, author of "Baptized Atheist"
As well as a debate over the existence of god featuring:
- Matt Dillahunty- President of the Atheist Community of Austin, co-host of “The Atheist Experience“
- JT Eberhard- High School Coordinator of the Secular Student Alliance, founder of Skepticon, author of "What Would JT Do?" blog
- John Ferrer
- Dr. Sloan Lee – Philosophy and Logic teacher at The Cambridge School of Dallas, primary research in the philosophies of religion and science
We are excited to announce that students will be eligible for a 100% free ticket. The Secular Student Alliance will be offering FREE SSA MEMBERSHIPS to students. With your free SSA membership, you can get a free ticket to the convention*!
You can get your free ticket here (must be logged in as an SSA member).
Adults and other non-students can be SSA members too! Yearly dues are $35. However, your membership will get you discounts to other major conventions and other perks. If you would like to join as a paid member with voting privileges, follow the steps on this page.
FREE SSA STUDENT MEMBERSHIPS NOW AVAILABLE! If you are not an SSA member, follow these steps:
- Read what you're getting yourself into at www.secularstudents.org/studentmember
- Sign up for a FREE student membership at www.secularstudents.org/fsm
- Once you're a member (congrats!), sign up for a free ticket at www.secularstudents.org/ntssc
- Use your promotional code at www.ntxsecularstudents.eventbrite.com (this site) and WHAM! You're in!
*Students must currently enrolled in a school and have an SSA membership in order to qualify for the free ticket. Home schooled students will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
If you have any questions, e-mail us at email@example.com
We can’t wait!