Nonprofit Board Certification Program
Thursday, February 16, 2012 from 4:30 PM to 8:30 PM (EST)
Do you want to know how you might become a more effective board member - or even to know the questions to ask an organization before joining its board?
Would you like your board commitment to be a better use of your time?
The Nonprofit Board Certification Program offers guidance and guidelines for those serving or planning to serve on nonprofit boards. This program defines the roles and responsibilities involved in serving on a board of directors and discusses the challenges of becoming an effective board member. Organized into four one-hour sessions participants will learn about:
- The Roles and Responsibilities of Being on a Board,
- Legal Responsibilities and Liabilities of the Board,
- Nonprofit Fundraising, and
- Nonprofit Financial Management and Board Structures.
Participants who complete all four hours of the seminar will receive a "Certificate in Nonprofit Board Leadership" granted by the Johnson Center for Philanthropy at Grand Valley State University.
The cost for the Nonprofit Board Certification Program is be $100. This includes a handbook with helpful materials and a light snack.
· In the event that you are unable to attend a workshop or course after registering, please call Kristian at 616-331-9035 or email email@example.com in advance to be be refunded or credited for another event.
· No call, no shows for workshops will be credited to use for a later event.
When & Where
Johnson Center for Philanthropy
The Johnson Center is an academic center focused on increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the charitable sector.
Our work involves conducting research, teaching effective practices, and providing pathways to service. We work extensively in Michigan, nationally, and internationally.