NOLATech Week is coming back for it’s 2nd year!
Focused on utilizing the entire greater New Orleans community, NOLATech Week will connect families and professionals alike from all over the world, ranging from tech companies, entertainment businesses, government agencies, environmental organizations, non-profits as well as health and science leaders.
We are honored to have amazing speakers including Erik Martin, GM of Reddit and Matt Schoen, Art Director of Vice Media and sponsors such as Uber, RedBull, IberiaBank and Postlethwaite and Netterville.
In 2013, NOLATech Week hosted 40 events with over 1000 attendees from 33 cities, 15 states and three countries. The second annual, weeklong event will take place from October 6-11, 2014, and expects an even larger, more diverse attendance than the previous year.
This time around, the unconference we are working on our 501(c)3 designation and recently partnered with The New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau.
NOLATech Week Quick Facts:
- This is a community created, funded, and crafted, event--by the community; for the community; Working thru a non-profit fiscal sponsor, we will operate with a dedicated team of volunteer staff, and a board of directors committed to utilizing technology to good;
- Events are free and open to the public;
- Marquee Events will be planned for the week, and we look forward to revealing them soon;
- The goal is to have countless Community Events, created by community organizers such as yourself. As long as your event is free, and in the spirit of the Week, it will be listed on the schedule as a "NOLATech Week Community Event." Go to our website to submit a Featured event;
- All events are intended to educate, engage, facilitate collaboration, or grow awareness, for all businesses, organizations, and members of our community;
- Events can (and will) take many different forms. Potential event formats include: panels, classes, pitch competitions focused on sustainability, startup features, family tech activities, new product releases, hackathons for change, cocktail parties, competitions to bring in companies from out of state, city-wide cultural/educational events, film competitions, and more;
- Events will be going on all over the city, featuring a wide variety of our community's resources;
- Sponsor and Partner donations will be collected to make the overall week a success. Community created events will also collect sponsoships directly, which is intended to help them offset their costs, locate future potential sponsors, and recognize those community sponsors on the NOLATech Week site, that made the events possible;
The GOAL of NOLATech Week is to come together as a global community to celebrate all of the organizations, businesses, products, and people that the New Orleans unique. This is the perfect platform to show how much we've already started to play a major part in the world's tech economy and how our city is perfect for innovations in Music, Health, Education, Art, Food, Energy, Entertainment, and so much more.
2013 Marquee Event Partners included:
This event will be what we make of it; so, let’s make it phenomenal!
See you in October!
2013 Marquee Event Partners and Sponsors included: