NHTSA SFST Instructor School- Denver
Monday, February 3, 2014 at 9:00 AM - Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 6:00 PM (MST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Standardized Field Sobriety Testing program is the new minimal requirement for the State of Colorado for the basic level of training for the Detection and Prevention of Impaired Driving.
The SFST Instructor School is the NHTSA approved Instructor development program that will prepare you to properly teach and motivate your students. This four day class will focus on the following:
- Establishing a foundation of how Adults learn.
- Learning the fundamental needs that Adults must have to validate new information.
- Discover the fundamental structure of the 2013 updated program.
- Learn how to read and understand the NHTSA lesson plans.
- Properly use questions to gauge class understanding.
- Classroom control techniques.
- Utilizing PowerPoint programs.
- Learn to properly conduct SFST labs.
- Student Instructor practice teaching.
- And much more......
The minimal requirements to attend this class:
- P.O.S.T. Certfied Law Enforcement Officer
- Successfully completed the NHTSA 24hr SFST practitioner class
- Class Size: 20
- Student Instructors will need to attend the entire 32 hr class. Patrol Uniform or business casual dress code. Please conceal all weapons unless in uniform.