San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We heard it loud and clear at the most recent Community Conversation. Many of you asked: What are the Next Steps? In response to the high interest of the community, Join us for the Next Steps Session focusing on the Healthy Community.
Here is what we will be working on:
- Accessing Existing Health Resources (Examples: transportation, language & culture, paying for health services, etc.)
- Filling in the Gaps in Health Services (Examples: mental health, clinic, explore the roles of health fairs in Clarkston, health education & advocacy, etc.)
- Addressing Apartment Health (Examples: pest control, trash, apartment resident leadership council, education about Rights, etc.)
As a follow-up to the Community Conversation, the Next Steps Sessions serve as a space for community members to dig deeper into the topic area; they will identify and prioritize viable options for action plan implementation in the community.
Upcoming events include:
● Safe Community - December 13, 2012, 6-8 pm
● Connected Community - January 24, 2013, 6-8 pm
● Well Fed and Sustainable Community - February 12, 2013, 6-8 pm
● Playing & Fit Community - February 21, 2013, 6-8 pm
See summary report of the August 2, 2012, Community Conversation: http://www.clarkstondevelopmentfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/8.2.12CommunityConversationReport.pdf
Full notes available, too: http://www.clarkstondevelopmentfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Clarkston-Development-Foundation-Appendix-for-8.2.2012.pdf