NEXT in Lexington
If you are an early-stage startup team looking for a structured program to help you build your business featuring an award-winning online curriculum mixed with in-person coaching and mentoring with a group of fellow entrepreneurs, then NEXT is for you. The course features leading entrepreneurs, investors and startuppers (details below) beginning on November 28th. Class times and details are below.
- Wednesday, November 28, 2012 -- 6-9 pm
- Saturday, December 1, 2012 - 10 am to 1 pm
- Wednesday, December 5, 2012 - 6-9 pm
- Saturday, December 8, 2012 - 10 am to 1 pm
- Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 6-9 pm
- Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 10 am to 1 pm
Sign up today before the course fills up -- each team member must register. Course includes coaching, books, materials, and access to online content. You'll meet great entrepreneurs, learn key skills and get plugged into the Kentucky startup ecosystem. Want to see the outline of the NEXT program? Check it out.
Facilitators, Organizers, Coaches, Mentors & Resources.
We've assembled a great group of Kentucky leaders in the startup ecosystem to provide you one-on-one feedback, mentoring and coaching.
- Paul Sullivan: Co-Founder, Players Golf Network, Owner, Navillus Consulting. Over the past twenty years, Paul has built, lead and helped others grow successful technology ventures in the US and Canada. He has directed his companies through rewarding exits including a large IPO and a public company acquisition. He also mucks stalls on his horse farm outside Lexington. http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulsullivanky
MORE ABOUT NEXT:
NEXT 3-week long, in-person course which provides real world, hands-on learning on what it’s like to actually start a scalable company. This is not a class about how to write a business plan. It’s not an exercise on how smart you are in a classroom, or how well you use the research library to size markets. And the end result is not a PowerPoint slide deck for a VC presentation.
This is a practical class – essentially a lab, not a theory or “book” class - for teams of 2+ co-founders. Similar to Startup Weekend, NEXT creates an entrepreneurial experience with all of the pressures and demands of the real world in an early stage startup. Teams will be getting their hands dirty talking to customers, partners, competitors, as you encounter the chaos and uncertainty of how a customer-driven startup actually works - all aimed towards answering the question of how to turn a great idea into a great company. Co-founders will learn how practically apply business modelling to their company, and customer development to get out of the classroom to effectively test whether/how customers would use your product.
NEXT takes a ‘flipped classroom’ style of learning, where teams are expected to watch lectures and complete assignments between classes, while classtime itself takes a Facilitator-driven approach to sharing learnings and questioning results.
More info can be found at swnext.org
You do not need to have attended a Startup Weekend event to attend this course. You must, however, be part of a team of at least two people working on a startup or startup idea.