The Tactics of
Conducting Customer Discovery
This program will take an actionable approach to teaching the best practices of the first phase of conducting customer discovery -- which is testing a problem and assessing its importance -- through active learning. This program takes the theory of customer discovery and breaks it up into digestible chunks that any aspiring entrepreneur can apply.
Sunday, June 16, 2013 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
What You Will Learn
- How to generate assumptions to validate about your assumed customer's needs, motivations and their behaviors.
- How to find and reach out to people for interviews that match your assumed customer segments.
- How to define experiments that validate or invalidate assumptions you have about your business model.
- How to develop your own customer discovery interview plan.
- How to conduct effective customer discovery interviews.
- How to turn customer feedback into real insight.
10:00AM - Welcome & Introduction to Startup Weekend
10:30AM - Introduction to Lean Startup & Customer Discovery
11:00AM - Customer Segmentation Exercise
11:45AM - Customer Interviews Role Plays
12:30PM - LUNCH & Startup Weekend TIPS presentation
13:15PM - Lean Experiment Exercise
14:00PM - Minimum Viable Product presentation
14:30PM - Retrospective and Closing
When & Where
Techstars Startup Programs
Techstars is a global ecosystem that empowers entrepreneurs to bring new technologies to market wherever they choose to live. With dozens of mentorship-driven accelerator programs and thousands of community programs worldwide, Techstars exists to support the world’s most promising entrepreneurs throughout their lifelong journey, from inspiration to IPO. Techstars provides access to tens of thousands of community leaders, founders, mentors, investors, and corporate partners, allowing entrepreneurs to accelerate the pace of innovation and do more faster. Techstars supports every stage of the entrepreneurial journey – from early stage grassroots community development to more formal opportunities that provide education, experience, acceleration, funding, and beyond. Techstars Startup Programs include Startup Weekend, Startup Digest, Startup Next, and Startup Week.