The Tactics of
Conducting Customer Discovery
This program will take an actionable approach to teaching the best practices of the first phase of conducting customer discovery -- which is testing a problem and assessing its importance -- through active learning. This program takes the theory of customer discovery and breaks it up into digestible chunks that any aspiring entrepreneur can apply.
Sunday, June 16, 2013 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
What You Will Learn
- How to generate assumptions to validate about your assumed customer's needs, motivations and their behaviors.
- How to find and reach out to people for interviews that match your assumed customer segments.
- How to define experiments that validate or invalidate assumptions you have about your business model.
- How to develop your own customer discovery interview plan.
- How to conduct effective customer discovery interviews.
- How to turn customer feedback into real insight.
10:00AM - Welcome & Introduction to Startup Weekend
10:30AM - Introduction to Lean Startup & Customer Discovery
11:00AM - Customer Segmentation Exercise
11:45AM - Customer Interviews Role Plays
12:30PM - LUNCH & Startup Weekend TIPS presentation
13:15PM - Lean Experiment Exercise
14:00PM - Minimum Viable Product presentation
14:30PM - Retrospective and Closing
When & Where
UP Global is a non-profit dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship, grassroots leadership, and strong communities. UP Global is on a mission to make the world a more innovative and prosperous place, one community at a time. We believe that entrepreneurs are critical to driving a strong global economy and a better world. We do our part by supporting the grassroots leaders who are at the core of every strong entrepreneurial community. Through the efforts of its grassroots community leaders, UP Global operates programs that foster entrepreneurship in hundreds of cities across the world. UP Global's flagship programs & initatives include Startup Weekend, Startup Digest, Startup Next, Startup Education, and Entrepreneurs Across Borders.