Newark, NJ "Continuing Education & Networking Event"
September 19, 2013
6.5 AIA HSW CE Hours
1 ADA Hour | Accessibility/ADA/Barrier-Free
"Gift Card Drawings at the conclusion of the Event" Sponsored by Ron Blank & Associates, Inc.
08:00 AM Registration
08:30 – 09:30 AM
EPDM Defining the Standard for 50 years
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: SDR 113
AIA Provider: Carlisle Construction Materials
Presenter: Dave Mohr
Participants will learn the features and benefits of EPDM roofing solutions that have been
proven to perform as well as advancements in technology that contribute to higher quality
installations and long term service life.
Understanding Special Purpose Doors and Windows
1.5 AIA HSW CE Hours | AIA Course #: SPEC-01
AIA Provider: Krieger Specialty Products
Presenter: Bob Carpenter
This presentation consists of a comprehensive overview of specialty doors, frames
and windows - including acoustical/STC, blast, explosion and pressure resistant, bullet,
ballistic and fragmentation/projectile resistant, radio fregquency and electromagnetic
interference shielded, stainless stell and thermal barrier types. The program investigates
factors to consider when designing and specifying these special application products.
It aims to educate, thereby helping ensure appropriate decision-making on applications.
11:20 - 12:20 PM
Solving Architectural Noise Problems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: 003696
AIA Provider: International Cellulose Corporation
Presenter: Chuck Smith
1. Increase awareness of the need for acoustics before occupancy.
2. Dispel the myths about cellulose as a finish product.
3. Visible and Invisible Finishes.
4. Acoustics & Economics - Light Reflectivity, Creature Comforts, Worker Productivity
& Energy Savings.
5. Life Savety Communications.
12:20 PM Lunch Sponsored by Greg Trimboli with "Dynamic Closures"
01:00- 02:00 PM
Drafting an Understanding of Polished Concrete
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: AFP1
AIA Provider: Advanced Floor Products (RetroPlate) Provider number J550
Presenter: Deke Rife
Today we can give an old worn-out concrete floor “NEW” life through the polishing
and densification process. This course is designed to give an overview of that process,
the marriage of concrete densification of and grinding and polishing concrete with diamonds.
02:10 - 03:10 PM
Use of Snow Retention Devices: Science or Fiction?
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IS507A
AIA Provider: InfoSpec Inc.
Presenter: David Stahler
Discover the art and science of snow control and its effects, such as snow migration on rooftops
of structures. Learn about the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention,
as well as the do's and don’ts of retention devices, product selection, and site specifics.
1. Describe the history of snow control on rooftops
2. Explain when and where you should or shouldn't use snow retention devices
3. List the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention
4. List the common pitfalls of product selection and site specifics
5. Describe how to value engineer snow retention systems without sacrificing performance
6. Explain the proper selection and specification of snow guards
03:20 - 04:20 PM
The Details of Accessible Design and Construction
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IRB00A
1 ADA Hour | Accessibility/ADA/Barrier-Free
AIA Provider: InfoSpec
Sponsor: Ron Blank & Associates
1. Describe a basic overview of accessible design and construction requirements
2. Identify the typical accessibility oversights made during design and construction
3. Properly detail and specify plans to ensure accessibility compliance is achieved
4. Adjust plans to account for construction of accessible spaces and installation of
5. Identify accessibility mistakes through application examples and explain strategies
on how to avoid them.
Gift Card Drawing...
"This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.