MongoDB delivers public in-person training classes around the world by our own instructors and engineers. Classes include lessons with follow-up exercises and hands-on labs to solidify your understanding of MongoDB. We limit our class sizes to a maximum of 12 students per instructor. This ratio optimizes the individual attention students receive while they develop their skills.
MongoDB for Developers Training
This course is the foundation course for developers who are planning to build and design applications on top of MongoDB. It covers data modeling, queries and insert/update/deletes, an introduction to MapReduce and basic administration.
Purchase of a training ticket(s) is subject to the following terms and conditions: Training Agreement
For questions or more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Developers Training, Day 1
Introduction to MongoDB
- What is MongoDB and Why?
- Core concepts
- Different deployment models
CRUD and the MongoDB Shell
- Introduction to the MongoDB API and the core concepts of documents and collections
Indexing and Data Modeling
- Indexing, query profiling and the query optimizer
- Some schema design case studies
- Practice modeling various domains
- Schemas for atomic operations
Developers Training, Day 2
- How the drivers work in general
- Driver APIs with examples
- Overview of replication
- Configuring replica sets
- Overview of sharding
- How sharding affects application design
- Configuring sharding
- Retrieving diagnostic information
- Diagnostic tools
- Performance indicators
Additional Topics as Time and Interest Permit
- GeoSpatial Indexes
Q & A and Hands-on Work
When & Where
MongoDB University can help customers build, run and deploy applications on MongoDB through professional training and certification. The training enables organizations to improve developer and end-user experience, reduce time to market, decrease deployment and operational costs and lower business risk.