Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
New York Art Deco Scavenger Hunt
Scavenger Hunt: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Check-in at OHNY: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Reception at MCNY: 5:30 - 7:30 PM
Join Open House New York and the Art Deco Society of New York for the first-ever citywide New York Art Deco Scavenger Hunt. Spend the day exploring the city and taking photographs of some of the most stunning Art Deco buildings that New York - the capital of the Art Deco movement - has to offer.
Hunt alone or as a team to decipher dozens of clues that will lead you on a Deco-themed adventure across the city. Learn about Art Deco in New York as you visit buildings and public spaces, as well as the architects who design them. The hunt begins at Open House New York at 10:00 AM and concludes at 5:00 PM. Decipher more than 60 clues and post photos of you and your team in front of the Deco landmarks on Instagram.
At the end of the day, relax with drinks on the elegant terrace of the Museum of the City of New York overlooking the Central Park Conservancy Gardens. Points will be tallied and prizes will be awarded at the closing reception.
- A glamorous cruise around Manhattan on a chic 1920s yacht with all the style of The Great Gatsby
- Brunch at the wonderful Chez Josephine, a restaurant inspired by the magnificent Josephine Baker herself
- A beautiful set of Art Deco cocktail shakers and complimentary bottles of prosecco.
Space is limited, and early registration is strongly encouraged.
How it Works:
- Register yourself as an individual participant.
- One week before the event you will receive a follow-up email asking you to identify your team name and list of team members. ALL team members MUST be registered individually in order to participate.
- Each team will also be required to register one Instagram account from which they will submit photos during the course of the scavenger hunt; only photos submitted via this account will be counted toward your team's total, so make sure to send the correct account name!
- On August 9th, check-in at OHNY to receive your team's clue packet and New York Art Deco Scavenger Hunt t-shirts, which you will need to be wearing in each picture you submit in order to earn points. Please note: You must check-in at Open House New York at 1133 Broadway, Suite 802, between 10 AM and 12 PM.
- Hunt away from 10 AM - 5 PM, posting photos of you and your team in front of the Deco landmarks hinted at in more than 60 clues! Only photos that are posted to your team's registered Instagram account between those times will be counted toward your team's point total.
- At the end of the day, points will be tallied, winners announced, and prizes awarded at the closing reception at the Museum of the City of New York from 5:30 - 7:30 PM.
Tickets to this event are non-refundable. Should you be unable to attend, the full price of unused tickets may be treated as a donation to Open House New York and the Art Deco Society of New York and is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
When & Where
Open House New York
Open House New York (OHNY) is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. The mission of OHNY is to promote a greater appreciation of the city’s built environment; broaden public awareness by exposing diverse audiences to distinctive examples of architecture, engineering and design; educate and inspire discussion of issues of excellence in design, planning and preservation; and showcase outstanding new work as well as structures of historic merit.