New Directions: A Public Health and Safety Approach to Drug Policy
Thursday, June 6, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (MDT)
The recent legalization of marijuana in Colorado has laid the groundwork for meaningful dialogue concerning the role of drug policy in our state. In an effort towards achieving a culture of shared values surrounding these and other drug policy issues, the Drug Policy Alliance and the Center for Public Health Practice would like to invite you to the New Directions Conference.
Join us for a thought-provoking conversation that will convene a range of stakeholders to explore a comprehensive, balanced approach to drug policy, an approach which recognizes that successful strategies include prevention, harm reduction, treatment, and public safety.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Patt Denning, Co-Founder, Harm Reduction Therapy Center, San Francisco
- Ethan Nadelman, Executive Director, Drug Policy Alliance, New York
- Lisa Raville, Executive Director, Harm Reduction Action Center, Denver
- Daliah Heller, Director of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Research, CUNY, New York
- Christie Donner, Executive Director, Colorado Criminal Justice Reform Coalition, Denver
- Barry Zevin, MD, Tom Waddell Health Center, San Francisco
Hong Tran, Staff Attorney, Racial Disparity Project, Seattle