Taught by: Arlene Lyons, Jeff South, and several other top salon business experts.
Monday, January 28 - Monday, February 25, 2013
Acquire the complete set of business/management skills, knowledge, and hands-on expert assistance you need to become a successful independent stylist, salon manager or owner. This results-driven training will enable you to easily recover the investment you make in the training and add to your bottom-line by implementing the proven, successful solutions you will learn in the program.
Two Options for Business Mastery Intensive:
- a. On-Site – Get your full training in person on campus at The Mastery (3 or 4 days a week). In-class sessions limited to some Sunday afternoons and Monday through Wednesday.
- b. Consulting – Get some of your training in-person at the Mastery (1 or 2 days a week) and the rest through phone consultations and a visit by a Mastery Consultant to your salon/spa business. In-class sessions limited to some Sunday afternoons and Mondays only.
What you’ll learn:
- Working knowledge of key business functions – strategy, marketing, sales, finance, operations/service desk, leadership, human resource management
- Comprehensive knowledge of the salon industry, including threats and opportunities for your business (including SWOT analysis)
- Developing and implementing a strategy that differentiates your salon/spa from the competition
- How to interpret your salon’s financials and performance data and to use them to make important business decisions
- Effective marketing strategies to brand your business, build your clientele, and grow your revenue – including how to leverage social media
- Keys to operating a world-class reservations/service desk
- Maximizing your revenue per client through effective client consultation and client engagement leading to service upgrades and retail sales
- Designing a winning client service experience
- Designing your salon to optimize consumer purchases
- Proven practices for maximizing client retention and frequency of visit
- Running an efficient, cost-effective salon operation, including inventory management and product control
- Effective strategies and tools for hiring, retaining, motivating, and training your stylists (especially including the Millennial generation)
- Understanding the different compensation and incentive models and selecting the ones that are right for your salon
- Effective management and leadership of your salon team
- Building and sustaining the right culture for your salon
- How to effectively communicate, coach, and mentor your team
- Managing business risk and the tools you need, including Employee Handbook
- Tips for selecting a location, negotiating your lease, setting up and licensing your business
- How to remain motivated and inspired
What you’ll take away:
- A business plan that is vetted not only by Mastery faculty but by real-world bankers/investors
- An operations plan that can be immediately implemented in your salon/spa business
- Measurable business performance improvement if what you learn is implemented
- Ongoing mentoring relationship with The Mastery
- Discount on Mastery short programs