Evert van de Beekstraat 354
1118 CZ Schiphol
Route description: http://www.microsoft.com/netherlands/msnederland/contact/route-kantoor.aspx
Start Time: 14:00 hrs (GMT + 1) arrival from 13:15 – 13:45
End Time: 17:00 hrs (GMT + 1)
This session will discuss a set of case studies and then use interactive sessions to explore the critical success factors for successful project and portfolio management.
- Case studies: We will talk through case studies from companies which are at different levels of maturity and with different types of issues (capability, consistency, culture, tools, governance, senior management expectations etc.) and describe in each case what was critical and how challenges were addressed in these cases.
- Case study 1: low maturity – with capability and culture issues
- Case study 2: medium maturity - with consistency, tool and framework issues
- Case study 3: medium maturity - with business alignment issues
- Case study 4: high maturity - how to get even better and quicker using new enablers
In case study 4 will include new influencing factors such as social media, mobile working, cloud, and advanced collaborative working environments. And discuss how these can be used as enablers for successful project and portfolio management
3. Discussion: common critical success factors
4. Interactive sessions: We will include interactive sessions with a range of topics so that you can select the topic of most relevance to your own project situation and work as a group to consider issues and how to overcome these.
- Interactive session – low maturity start point
- Interactive session – medium maturity start point
- Interactive session – high maturity start point
All interactive sessions consider issues and factors such as: capability, frameworks, tools, governance, culture, expectations of senior management, plus how new enablers - discussed in this session and case studies - can help overcome challenges.
5. Conclusions: we will wrap-up with a summary from each interactive session and key learnings from this MPUG session as a whole.
Adrian has over twenty years' experience in industry and consulting, and is an expert in project and portfolio management. He has personally delivered results for some of the world’s leading global companies, such as Shell, improving performance, changing the way their IT and business work together, transforming their approach to projects, portfolio management and technology delivery.
Recent experience includes:
- At Shell – Adrian has been an external advisor for most of the last 6 years. He has worked on a multi-year journey to achieve high-performance project and portfolio management.
- At SABMiller (global leaders in brewing and owners of Grolsch) he was European Portfolio Manager responsible for all projects and programmes. Here he implemented a rigorous focus on project value, achieving major financial benefits.
- Adrian worked at Capgemini for almost 14 years – where he held various leadership roles and helped transform their global approach to project delivery.
- Last year he founded Lateral 22 – an independent project advisory business –with clients including Capgemini, Shell, Microsoft and other global companies. www.lateral22.com
- In parallel he is also a senior external advisor for Gartner where he is a Consulting Director.
Adrian speaks regularly at international conferences and is passionate about collaboration, innovation and the use of both to drive business value. In 2011 he was asked to present at two PMI chapter meetings in the Netherlands in relation to his project and portfolio management case studies.
Adrian does about 50% of his work in the Netherlands. He lives in Devon on the south west coast of Britain.