San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Full NERT Training: Are you new to the NERT program? Please select the Full Class ticket.
The full NERT training consists of six class sessions that are approximately three hours each. NERT Training is free to anyone who lives or works in San Francisco.
Note: It is important for new participants to attend all sessions to gain the full benefit of the training.
- Enrollment must begin by the 2nd class session to participate.
- A certificate will be issued to new graduates at Class 6.
- Make-up classes must be completed within 6 months of beginning NERT training.
- To make up a class, contact the NERT Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-970-2022; let us know the date, time, class number, and original class.
- Limited parking is available at this venue.
- PLEASE DO NOT SELECT A RECERT TICKET IF YOU ARE A NEW STUDENT. YOU MUST SELECT A FULL CLASS TICKET IF YOU HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY TAKEN AND GRADUATED FROM NERT TRAINING.
Full NERT Training Course Outline:
January 16, 9:00AM-4:00PM
Class Session #1
Earthquake Awareness, Preparedness, and Hazard Mitigation
Class Session #2
Types of Fire, Hazardous Materials, Terrorism Awareness, Utility Shut-off
January 23, 9:00AM-4:00PM
Class Session #3
Class Session #4
Light Search and Rescue
January 30, 2013, 9:0AM-4:00PM
Class Session # 5
Emergency Team Organization, Disaster Psychology
Class Session # 6
Hands-On Application, Course Review, and Graduation
Recert NERT Ticket: Has Your NERT ID Expired? Please select the RECERT ticket.
NERT certification is good for two years from the date of your training. You can renew your NERT training and ID by attending Classes 5 and 6 of this training class.
The ID machine was updated in 2007. If you have a white ID card, you need to take a new photo during the Class 5.
PLEASE DO NOT SELECT A RECERT TICKET IF YOU ARE A NEW STUDENT. YOU MUST SELECT A FULL CLASS TICKET IF YOU HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY TAKEN AND GRADUATED FROM NERT TRAINING.
220 Golden Gate Avenue
SFFD Neighborhood Emergency Response Team (NERT)
NERT is a community based training program dedicated to a neighbor-helping-neighbor approach. It is beneficial for individuals, neighborhood groups and community-based organizations in San Francisco. Through this program, individuals will learn the basics of personal preparedness and prevention. The training also includes hands-on disaster skills that will help individuals respond to a personal emergency as well as act as members of a neighborhood response team.
A typical NERT volunteer is not one type. The NERT volunteer is anyone who is active and involved in the community--or wants to be. San Francisco is made up of many neighborhoods. We are training to be one ready community when it counts. The Emergency Response is key but the Neighborhood Team comes first.