This tutorial covers the core functionality of the Neo4j graph database. With a mixture of theory and hands-on practice sessions, attendees will quickly learn how easy it is to develop a Neo4j-backed application. The morning will consist of interactive learning and attendees will have the opportunity in the afternoon to model and query their own data.
- Introduction to Neo4j
- Overview of Cypher query language
- Social use cases including recommendations
- Permissions modeling
- Other case studies in real world domains
- Opportunity to consult on current projects, possible implementations and proof of concepts
Andreas Kollegger, Senior Consultant, Neo Technology
Andreas Kollegger is a leading speaker and writer on graph databases and Neo4j and the bridge between community and developer efforts. Hebworks actively in the community, appearing at meetups around the world and promotes the larger Neo4j ecosystem of projects. Author of Fair Trade Software, and the lead for Neo4j in the cloud, Andreas plays a valuable role for progressive happenings within Neo4j.
What are my transportations options for getting to the event?
Mission Bay Conference Center is easily accessible by public transit:
- Muni's T-Third Metro Line picks up at the 4th and King Street Caltrain Station and the Embarcadero BART station and drops off across the street from the campus at the UCSF Mission Bay Station on 3rd Street.
- There is also a UCSF Shuttle from the 16th Street-Mission BART station to the Mission Bay Conference Center. Take the UCSF Shuttle - Red Line at the NE corner of the intersection to 4th Street in front of the UCSF Mission Bay campus. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes, Monday through Friday.
Parking is also available at the 1625 Owens Street Garage and the 1630 3rd Street Garage.
What should I bring to the event?
Please bring a laptop with Neo4j installed and a power cord. We will supply breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For any questions about the event, e-mail Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Feel free to contact us with any questions: email@example.com