Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
The Philadelphia MoveOn Council
A Free Forum for All Philadelphians
Jumpstarting Philadelphia's New Economy
A Declaration of Independence
from Wall Street
Tuesday, June 25th 7:00PM - 9:00PM
SEIU - 455 North 5th Street
It is clear that the economic problems plaguing Philadelphia are not going to be solved by the politicians in Washington or in Harrisburg. We in Philaldephia are on our own. Mired in partisan division and rancor, our federal and state politicians appear incapable of taking bold action to restructure our economy and grapple with our changing demographics and the rising wealth inequality.
This Forum will show what your fellow Philadelphians are doing to take action to create the New Economy.
Here is our exciting lineup of speaker/activists:
- David Woo - past President of Weaver's Way Co-op, the largest co-op in Philadelphia, and the spearhead of many projects to improve our Philadelphia
- Paul Glover - developer of "Ithaca Hours", and a national expert in new money systems to promote economic growth and community cohesion
- Mike Krauss - Chair of the Pennsylvania Public Banking Project, will discuss how a public Bank of Philadelphia can enable the visionary ideas now emerging to restore prosperity and opportunity for all the people of our city.
- Jill Feldstein - chief organizer of ‘Take Back the Vacant Land Coalition’ a driving force to create a Philadelphia Land Bank in Philadelphia
- Meenal Raval developer of Time4Time in Philadelphia, a new money system and Philly EcoCity to help the City go green.
The Forum will be moderated by Stan Shapiro, Vice-Chair of Neighborhood Networks, and proud member of Weavers' Way Co-Op.
After the speakers, there will be an open forum for discussion and then mingling with your neighbors. Refreshments will be served.
Come and participate in this important Forum on
Jumpstarting Philadelphia’s New Economy