San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
More and more often, negotiation is a required part of the day-to-day work of many professionals active in the environment, energy, natural resource management, and land use planning fields. While you or your staff may have had some exposure to negotiation, CONCUR’s training can take what may have been informal experience, and take it up to the next level of professional practice, enabling you to produce more powerful negotiated agreements.
Date: November 13-14, 2013
Location: UC Berkeley Clark Kerr Conference Center, Rooms 203 and 204, 2061 Warring Street, Berkeley CA (not on main UCB campus)
In Course One, we show you how a process of face-to-face negotiation can augment traditional policy making with creative agreements that are better informed and more stable. During the training, participants learn the elements of mutual gains bargaining, apply them in a series of simulated disputes and reflect on the application of these tools to everyday work situations.
- Using negotiation to strengthen decision-making
- Key concepts in negotiation
- Applying dispute resolution theory for practical results
- Negotiation styles and techniques
- Role distinctions: negotiators, mediators, and technical experts
- Hands-on simulations focused on environmental issues
- Ethical responsibilities of negotiators
- Tools for effective negotiation
- CONCUR’s stepwise model of negotiated agreements
- Case studies of negotiation, with topics ranging from land use planning and water resources management to statewide environmental planning
- Engaging your current cases: advice on ways to improve environmental decision-making
REGISTRATION AND COST STRUCTURE:
- A coursebook and all materials, 2 continental breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 1 course dinner are included in the course tuition.
Individuals: $450.00 if enrolled by November 4 for early-birds, $650.00 afterward until registration closes.
Students/non-profits: $350.00 (Limited availability - please contact CONCUR) until registration closes.
- TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD, Please select the correct number of tickets/ticket types above, click the "ORDER NOW" button and fill out the registration information for each individual. At the bottom of the registration form, select "PURCHASE TICKETS".
- TO PAY BY CHECK OR TO RECEIVE AN INVOICE, please select the correct number of tickets/ticket types above and click the "ORDER NOW" button and fill out the registration information for each individual. At the bottom of the registration form, below where it says "PURCHASE TICKETS", click "show" under "Other payment options" and select "PAY BY CHECK" or "SEND ME AN INVOICE".
- AGENCY BILLING: We understand that some organizations have predetermined payment cycles and are willing to accomodate those needs. Please contact Megan Vinett at (510) 649-8008 to discuss alternative payment arrangements. **You should still register above and select SEND ME AN INVOICE as noted above.
- CONCUR is willing to make payment arrangements for individuals and groups to meet your financial needs and enable you to attend our training. If you have a registration question that is not answered here please contact us.
- PLEASE NOTE - Cancellation Policy: A refund, less a $50 administrative fee, will be provided for cancellations for training sessions received no later than 10 days before the first day of class (November 3). No training refunds or cancellations will be accepted after this date. The balance of training fees may be applied towards a future course, otherwise NO REFUNDS ARE AVAILABLE LESS THAN 5 DAYS BEFORE THE CLASS BEGINS.
For questions or more information, please contact Megan Vinett: (510) 649-8008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When & Where
Environmental Conflict Resolution, negotiation, mediation, facilitation, joint fact-finding, and collaborative agreement building. www.concurinc.com.