This free seminar provides the latest requirements in NEBS compliance, including a comprehesive review of all sections of GR-1089-Core Issue 6 that have changed from Issue 5, as well as a review of the changes of GR-63-CORE Issue 4 from Issue 3. Discussion will include high frequency comparison with CISPR22, criteria for DC Power Ports and specific RBOC Additions.
The seminar will be held Thursday, May 2 at the Network Meeting Center, located at 5201 Great America Parkway in Santa Clara, CA.
Joining MET's NEBS experts, Todd Talbot of Verizon Communications will be speaking at the seminar, providing insight into Verizon's perspective on NEBS compliance.
Registration begins at 8:30 AM and the seminar concludes at 4:45 PM. Agenda provided below.
Registration Deadline: April 30
Discussions will include:
• EMC testing per Sections 2 & 3
• Telecom and Electrical Safety Criteria Sections 4 through Section 10
• Criteria for DC Power Port of Telecommunications Load Equipment
• Section 10 discussions will include transient and noise tests to be applied or performed on the DC power input port of equipment
• Flame testing
• Seismic testing
• Design considerations
Verizon T.E.E.E.R (VZ.TPR.9205 Energy Efficiency Requirements for Telecommunications Equipment)
• VZ-TPR-9207 - TEEER Metric Quantification
• VZ-TPR-9307 - Qualification Requirements for Printed Board Assemblies Manufactured with Lead-Free Solder for use in Telecommunications Equipment and a discussion on revisions to make it less cumbersome and expensive.
Product Safety Certification
• US: UL60950-1
• Canada: CSA C22.2 No 60950-1
• Investigation of Potential Dangers
- Risk of Electric Shock
- Electrical Energy Hazards
- Risk of Fire
- Mechanical Hazards
- Heat Hazards
- Radiation Hazards
- Chemical Hazards
8:30 - 8:55 Registration
8:55 - 9:05 Introduction - Jay Suh, MET Labs, Director Business Development, Asia-Pacific Region
9:05 - 10:30 GR-1089 Sections 2-3 - Asad Bajwa, MET Labs EMC Director
10:30 - 10:45 Break
10:45 - 12:00 GR-63-CORE - Edmund Aryee, MET Labs West Coast ESL Manager
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
1:00 – 1:30 Product Safety Design - Shaima Adin, MET Labs Product Safety Manager
1:30 – 2:00 Verizon NEBS Requirements – Todd Talbot, Verizon
2:00 – 2:15 Break
2:15 - 3:15 GR-1089 Section 4-9 - Camilo Obana, West Coast Telecom Lab Manager
3:15 - 3:30 Break
3:30 - 4:15 GR-1089-CORE Section 10 - Asad Bajwa, MET Labs EMC Director
4:15 - 4:45 Lead Free Solder & TEEER - Edmund Aryee, MET Labs West Coast ESL Manager
About our Guest Presenter
Todd Talbot is a Distinguished Member of Technical Staff in Verizon Corporate Technology, working with the Maintenance Engineering Organization. Todd manages the NEBS Independent Testing Laboratory certification program and is responsible for assuring the integrity of Verizon’s third-party laboratory certification programs. Todd currently leads Verizon’s Energy Efficiency program and is a certified lead auditor to ISO-9001.
Prior to joining Verizon, Todd gained tremendous NEBS expertise working for an Independent Test Laboratory. During his tenure with the ITL, Todd held responsibilities as a Test Engineer and managed the Environmental Simulation Laboratory. Todd has extensive expertise in GR-63-CORE Fire Spread testing but is also experienced in all other aspects of NEBS testing. Todd holds a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from the New Jersey Institute of Technology.
When & Where
MET Labs NEBS
MET Laboratories is an internationally-recognized resource for regulatory certification of electrical products for the worldwide marketplace. Testing covers a wide range of regulatory, commercial and military standards. MET Laboratories is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, with office locations in Union City and Santa Clara, California, Austin, Texas, Cary, North Carolina, and wholly-owned international locations in Shenzhen, China; Taipei, Taiwan; Seoul, Korea; and Milan, Italy.
MET Laboratories is a pioneer in NEBS testing. We perform all required NEBS testing at one fully equipped facility on either coast. MET's extensive capabilities include complete, Verizon-certified NEBS testing facilities, in Baltimore, MD, Santa Clara, CA, Union City, CA and Austin, TX.
Bundle ALL Your Certification Requirements with MET:
- NEBS Certification
- Verizon Technical Purchasing Requirements(TPR)
- VZ.TPR.9205 TEEER Certification
- VZ.TPR.9307 Printed Board Lead-Free Solder Requirements
- AT&T ATT-TP-76200 Testing
- R&TTE Directive / CE Certification
- Product Safety Certification (NRTL)
- Telecom FCC / Industry Canada Certification