San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
NCS Weekend in Eastern Long Island
Organized by the New Canaan Society Manhattan Chapte
Friday, October 12 through Sunday, October 14
Cost: Lodging is free; fishing is $100
Lodging in Southamptn; Fishing in Montauk
Caption: A typical striped bass blitz off Montauk Point in October
There will be a fishing trip on the morning of Saturday October 13th, sailing from Montauk harbor in the peak of striped bass season, and the cost is $100. The boat and crew (photo below) are members of the Viking Fleet, and everyone is near guaranteed to catch at least one striped bass this time of year; more like 10. Bringing kids is OK, and there will be deck mates who handle all the rigging, tangles, filleting fish, etc. There is also a prize for the largest fish. The fishing will be a great time - more details delow.
There is free lodging available for up to 30 men at the home of Andreas Metzger. So, if fishing is not your cup of tea, please join us regardless. Just because Labor Day has passed doesn't mean it isn't just as beautiful and in Eastern Long Island, and the more the merrier. At the very least, you will enjoy a fall weekend in Eastern Long Island, savor some delicious fresh caught wild striped bass, and do so in the company of some outstanding individuals; "brudders".
I. LODGING: Mansion in Southampton.
üPool and BBQ.
üSleeps 30, so book ASAP.
üMake new connections.
üAddress given to those who register.
II. Montauk Fishing Charter.
All Aboard the “Viking Stariper”!
üJoin the NCS brudders for some offshore fishing!
üSailing Saturday morning from Montauk Harbor.
ü6 hour striped bass trip.
üPeak Striped Bass Season in Montauk is October.
üPrize for the largest striped bass.
üCatch a delicious dinner for the grill!
üSelect "Striped Bass Fishing Charter" above.
üCost: $100 plus $6.49 service fee.
üPlease pay online so we can cover the deposit.
üIf we register 18 fishermen or more, we will have our own private boat and crew!
Please register to the right, but if you have specific questions, contact Don Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 917-207-5644.
When & Where
New Canaan Society Manhattan Chapter
MORE ABOUT THE NEW CANAAN SOCIETY
- New Canaan Society (NCS) is really a “place for grace” where men experience real care for each other – and where that experience becomes the motivation to change the way they live.
- NCS is about men enjoying true friendship in an environment of trust and acceptance. It is a community of brothers.
- NCS is a place that honors Jesus and seeks genuine fellowship with Him.
- NCS succeeds only when these authentic friendships allow men to discover that they are valued for who they are, not for what they do.
- NCS has learned that these authentic relationships grow best when the common strength of all the members becomes a platform for acts of grace in the community.
- NCS is not an inwardly-focused, self-help group – although many men find real healing within the NCS New Canaan framework – but NCS New Canaan does encourage personal transformation in authentic community.
- NCS New Canaan is not focused on evangelism. It is focused on helping each other experience personal transformation through our relationships with each other and with Jesus and helping each other become the husbands, father and leaders God intended us to be. All of this begins within the group, but it soon spills over into the community where we live and work.
- NCS New Canaan is simply living the second great commandment as ordinary men in ordinary life with an extraordinary purpose. To that end, NCS New Canaan expects men to have a positive impact on their families, their communities, the marketplace and the world.
- NCS New Canaan believes in acting out the words of Jesus, “I no longer call you servants. I call you friends.”
All of this is summarized in our motto (loosely borrowed from Lancelot), “Live pure, speak truth, right wrong, worship the King,” and in our battle-cry (borrowed from Maximus), “As one!”
Live pure: We encourage and help each other to experience personal healing and transformation with Jesus and then act accordingly.
Speak truth: We encourage transparent friendships where we are open about ourselves and our weakness and are not afraid to speak truth to our friends to help them heal and become what God meant them to be.
Right wrong: We impact our families, communities, the marketplace and the world by doing what is right and standing openly against wrongs, even at risk to ourselves.
Worship the King: Everything we do honors and glorifies the name of Jesus.
As One: Alone, we will easily be picked off. We can face anything in community with each other and Jesus.
"LIVE PURE. SPEAK TRUTH. RIGHT WRONG. WORSHIP THE KING. AS ONE."