NCDD Seattle - October 12-14, 2012
NCDD conferences bring together hundreds of the most active, thoughtful, and influential people involved in public engagement and group process work across the U.S. and Canada.
Register today for the National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation's 2012 national conference! "NCDD Seattle" is taking place this October 12-14 in downtown Seattle at the Hyatt at Olive 8.
Dialogue and deliberation are innovative processes that help people come together across differences to tackle our most challenging problems. In this time of extreme political partisanship and increased conflict between religious and ethnic groups, it's more important than ever to support, connect, and empower the leaders and future leaders in dialogue and deliberation -- and that's what NCDD Seattle is all about.
Our events bring together practitioners, scholars, public leaders, trainers, artists, activists and students from across this critically important field. Over 2,000 people, from 20 countries, have attended our four national conferences and five regional events, and we hope to see 350 in Seattle! (Look over the list of registrants below this text -- but be sure to click on "show more" when you get to the bottom of the page.)
Our plenary speakers include:
- Eric Liu, Founder of the Guiding Lights Network and author of The Gardens of Democracy
- Martha McCoy, Executive Director of Everyday Democracy
- Carolyn Lukensmeyer, Founder of AmericaSpeaks and the Executive Director of the National Institute for Civil Discourse at the University of Arizona
- John Gastil, Head of the Department of Communication Arts and Sciences at Penn State (and our conference co-Emcee!)
- Pete Peterson, Director of the Davenport Institute for Public Engagement and Civic Leadership at Pepperdine University
- Fran Korten, Publisher of YES! Magazine
Workshops are presented by an extraordinary mix of leaders from across the country (and some from Canada and Australia), and cover an array of inspiring and timely topics. Check out the sessions and start thinking about what you'll be attending!
- The regular registration rate is $450.
- Dues-paying NCDD members could register at a discounted rate of $400 through September 20th.
- If you can only attend one day of the conference, you may register for just one day for $150. Email email@example.com to let her know which day you'll be attending (or wait for her email to you about this).
Special rate for full-time students
Also note that this year, we're offering a discounted rate of $300 for up to 75 full-time students. Undergraduate students, grad students, and even high school students are encouraged to attend the conference at the discounted rate. After you register, you can send verification of your full-time student status to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there a group rate at the conference hotel?
Yes - though our cut-off date for the reduced room rate ($165/night) at the Hyatt at Olive 8 was September 20th. Use hotels.com to find another option in downtown Seattle.
Where can I get more details on the conference?
Check out the conference site at www.ncdd.org/events. As you'll see, the sidebar connects you to the conference schedule, workshops, a great Frequently Asked Questions page, travel and logistical details, and more.
Cancellation policy: If you need to cancel your registration, please notify NCDD Office Manager Joy Garman via email (email@example.com) before September 20, 2012. Your registration fee will be refunded, less a 15% processing fee plus any Eventbrite or PayPal fees incurred. No refunds will be made after September 20th, 2012, though substitutions can be made any time. Refunds will be processed after the conference has been held.
National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation
NCDD is a network of 2,000 innovators in dialogue, deliberation and public engagement. Our members bring people together across divides to discuss, decide, and act together on today's toughest challenges. NCDD serves as a gathering place, a resource center, a news source, and a facilitative leader for this active and ever-growing community of practice.