impact that North Carolina group "The Butchies" has made on the NC
music scene is imeasurable. From individual projects such as Mr. Lady
Records (w/ releases by the Moves and Le Tigre) and bands like The
Ex-Members, the impressions of Kaia Wilson, Melissa York and Alison
Martlew are permenantly ingrained in our surface, a strong building
block of Durham's queer and music community...
And these queers know how to party!
Get ready to be moved. They're back! The Butchies reunite for The Pinhook's 2011 NC Pride Fiasco!
9/24 w/ Doors @ 7pm, Show @8pm $12 online, $15 @ the door
The Butchies: http://www.last.fm/music/The+Butchies
Pink Flag: www.reverbnation.com/pinkflag
Dance Party by:
DJ Queen Plz
When & Where
The Pinhook has become Durham’s premiere venue for live music, excellent DJ’s, basic chilling, and collaborative creative events. Here’s what we got:
- Weekends of Musical Mayhem- featuring the best bands from The Triangle, North Carolina, and well beyond.
- Weeknight Monthlies like Open Mics, Open Jams, Karaoke, Trivia, and DJ sets.
- THE GREATEST BAR STAFF IN THE UNIVERSE!
- Pool, Tekken, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Backgammon, Scrabble, etc. (and people with whom to play these games)
- CHEAP. DRINKS. $3 Tallboys, $2 PBR, $1.50 Schlitz, $4 Well Drinks Monday-Wednesday.
- Nightly specials – the perfect way to make cheap drinks even cheaper.
- A PATIO OUT BACK! OUR PATIO IS SO AWESOME. I LOVE YOU, PATIO.
But the most important thing we have is YOU. The Pinhook is YOUR place. We believe that communities thrive when there is a public place for their citizens to be themselves, whether on stage or on a barstool, relaxing or rocking out. For Durham and the Triangle, the Pinhook is that place.
You gotta make your own fun in life, but we’re here to help.