NBMBAA-DC Book Club - March 2014
Thursday, March 13, 2014 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (EDT)
College Park, MD
The National Black MBA Association, Inc. - Washington DC Chapter Business and Economic Development Committee is hosting an entrepreneurial focused book club event on March 13, 2014. The featured book is "Be a Free Range Human: Escape the 9-5, Create a Life You Love and Still Pay the Bills" by Marianne Cantwell.
We will be reviewing the advice and exercises she provides in this book, and discuss how we can make the transition from full time employees to "free range" individuals!
You can purchase this through our GoodShop link at http://www.goodsearch.com/amazon/coupons.
By choosing National Black MBA Association as your cause, a portion of the proceeds is donated to the organization to support our professional development programs! Thank you for your support.
When & Where
National Black MBA Association, Inc. - Washington DC Chapter
The National Black MBA Association, Inc., Washington, D.C. Chapter (NBMBAA-DC), which consists of approximately 675 African-American professionals, is the second largest and one of the most active chapters in the Association.
Throughout the year, the Chapter strives to provide a broad range of activities to meet the diverse needs of its membership and the greater Washington community. Events include:
- Scholarship and Awards Gala
- Pre-Conference Career Expo
- Wealth Building Series
- Entrepreneur Expo
- Corporate Spotlight Newtorking Series
- Monthly General Body Membership Meeting
- Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarship Program
- Leaders of Tomorrow Mentoring Program
The Chapter has received the following recognition for its work in supporting the mission and vision of the organization:
- 2014 NBMBAA Education Channel Award
- 2014 Entrepreneur Channel Award
- 2012-13 NBMBAA Lifestyle Channel Award
- 2011-12 NBMBAA Career Network Channel Award
- 2013 NBMBAA Chapter of the Year
- 2012 and 2014 NBMBAA Chapter of the Year
- 2006 NBMBAAA Chapter of the Year