Incite Pictures/Cine Qua Non, in co-sponsorship with the Women Donors Network, Groundswell, Ibis Reproductive Health, ACCESS Women's Health Justice, the Center on Reproductive Rights and Justice, the ACLU of Northern California, Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific, NARAL Pro-Choice California, and Forward Together are excited to announce an upcoming event in San Francisco.
On December 12th at the Ninth Street Independent Film Center at 6:30pm, there will be a screening of Young Lakota, Incite's recently completed documentary that chronicles a political battle over reproductive rights and tribal sovereignty on the Pine Ridge Reservation. View the trailer.
The film screening will be followed by a panel discussion on Native women and the struggle for reproductive justice featuring:
- Cecilia FireThunder (Oglala Lakota, Oglala Lakota Nation Education Coalition)
- Charon Asetoyer (Comanche, Native American Women's Health Education Resource Center)
- Rochelle Diver (Fond du Lac Band-Anishinaabe, International Indian Treaty Council)
- Katrina Maczen-Cantrell (Western Shoshone Tribe, Women’s Health Specialists)
- Moderated by Vanessa Daniel (Groundswell)
This event is part of the Young Lakota Outreach and Engagement Campaign. Read more here: http://younglakota.com/the-engagement-campaign