National Rebuilding Day
Saturday, May 4, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Additional volunteer details will be sent in late April including map of meeting location and event day logistics.
Please contact our office with any questions.
National Rebuilding Day
City of Sunrise
Mission of Rebuilding Together Broward County Inc. “Bringing volunteers and communities together to improve the homes and lives of low-income homeowners.”
Rebuilding Together is the nation’s largest volunteer organization preserving and revitalizing low income houses and communities. We have a focus on providing assistance to low income elderly, disabled and veterans. Our mission addresses quality of life issues by delivering urgent home repairs free of charge and important home improvements and our fundamental objective is to restore safe and sanitary living conditions. Our home improvement projects are customized based on the needs of the family and condition of the house.
The National Rebuilding Day is the signature event of Rebuilding Together nationwide.Your partnership expresses the key elements of this event: Reaching out to others with a helping hand, motivated with the desire to give of oneself in recognition that we all can make a difference. This is a unique event that allows us to make our community better. Individuals and organizations give of their time, talent, materials, services and financial contributions.
National Rebuilding Day Goals:
1) Directly impact the quality of life of low-income homeowners by providing urgent home repairs and improvements at no cost to the homeowner.
2) Deliver a significant neighborhood improvement project by improving multiple homes and by providing neighborhood beautification.
3) Engagement of diverse individuals and organizations in community service that will promote the goal that host city is a caring and inclusive community.
4) Ensure a positive experience for homeowners, volunteers, sponsors and project partners.
5) Conserve energy and preserve the environment by retrofitting homes to be more energy, water and resource efficient.
When & Where
Rebuilding Together Broward County, Inc.
“Bringing volunteers and communities together to improve the homes and lives of low-income homeowners.”
We preserve and revitalize houses and communities, assuring that low-income homeowners, particularly those who are elderly, disabled and veterans, live in comfort, safety, and independence.