March 27, 2013
5.5 AIA HSW CE Hours
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
08:30 - 09:30 AM
Solving Architectural Noise Problems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: 003696
Provider: International Cellulose Corporation
Presenter: Chuck Smith
1. Increase awareness of the need for acoustics before occupancy.
2. Dispel the myths about cellulose as a finish product.
3. Visible and Invisible Finishes.
4. Acoustics & Economics - Light Reflectivity, Creature Comforts, Worker
Productivity & Energy Savings.
5. Life Savety Communications.
09:40 - 10:40 AM
Exterior Continuous Insulated Claddings for Energy Efficiency and Architectural Diversity
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: BL0002
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI Course ID: 0090005704
Provider: Dryvit System, Inc.
Presenter: Bob Dazel, AIA, LEED GA
1. Deconstruct the "perceived" value of traditional insulation methods and reduced performance
within framed wall assemblies and reconstruct new strategies for developing true "effective"
insulation value and high performance.
2. Identify and define model energy code and green design standard's requirements for exterior
3. Differentiate between "prescriptive" R-value "performance" U-factor wall design paths and
recognize where continuous insulation must be integrated.
4. Discover the interrelationship between exterior insulated cladding and the use of continuous
insulation to achieve energy efficient, cost effective and aesthetically pleasing design solutions.
10:50 - 12:20 PM
Understanding Special Purpose Doors and Windows
1.5 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: SPEC-01
Provider: Krieger Specialty Products
Presenter: Bob Carpenter
This presentation consists of a comprehensive overview of specialty doors, frames and windows – including acoustical/STC, blast, explosion and pressure resistant, bullet, ballistic and fragmentation/projectile resistant, radio frequency and electromagnetic interference shielded, stainless steel and thermal barrier types. The program investigates factors to consider when designing and
specifying these special application products. It aims to educate, thereby helping ensure appropriate decision-making on applications.
12:30 - 01:30 PM Lunch sponsored by David Mayo with NCFI
01:30- 02:30 PM
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: IMU07C
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Rick Davis
• Define stone coated Metal.
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals
and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project
earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient & Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
02:40 - 03:40 PM
EPDM Defining the Standard for 50 years
1 AIA HSW Hour | AIA Course Number: SDR 113
Provider: Carlisle Syntec
Presenter:: Scott Wilson
Participants will learn the features and benefits of EPDM roofing solutions that have been proven to
perform as well as advancements in technology that contribute to higher quality installations and long
term service life.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.