Nashville, TN - CE Academy, Inc Event
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST)
"Continuing Education & Networking Event"
February 12, 2014
4 AIA HSW Hours
07:45 AM Registration
08:00 – 09:00 AM
Use of Snow Retention Devices: Science or Fiction?
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ISF07A
AIA Provider: InfoSpec Inc.
Discover the art and science of snow control and its effects, such as snow migration on
rooftops of structures. Learn about the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow
retention, as well as the do's and don’ts of retention devices, product selection, and site
1. Describe the history of snow control on rooftops
2. Explain when and where you should or shouldn't use snow retention devices
3. List the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention
4. List the common pitfalls of product selection and site specifics
5. Describe how to value engineer snow retention systems without sacrificing performance
6. Explain the proper selection and specification of snow guards
09:10 - 10:10 AM
Surface Innovation - Redefining Boundaries of Interior and Exterior Spaces with
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #:COS06E
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfaces and
their environmental significance including reducing the use of natural resources and
improving indoor air quality. We will compare
and contrast traditional and recycled surfacing materials and explain the importance
of “going beyond green.”
1. Define the difference between “green” buildings and “green” products
2. Describe the benefits of recycling
3. List different materials used as recycled content
4. Describe recycled content surfacing materials and their manufacturing process
5. Explain the environmental advantages of resin based recycled content surfacing
6. Explain how recycled products can contribute to obtaining points under the LEED
7. Describe what Cradle-to-Cradle and GREENGUARD certifications are and why they
8. Explain the importance of specifying and using recycled content surfacing products
as related to indoor environmental issues.
10:20 - 11:20 AM
Drafting an Understanding of Polished Concrete
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: AFP1
AIA Provider: Advanced Floor Products (RetroPlate) Provider number J550
Presenter: Deke Rife
Today we can give an old worn-out concrete floor “NEW” life through the polishing
and densification process. This course is designed to give an overview of that process,
the marriage of concrete densification of and grinding and polishing concrete with diamonds.
11:30 - 12:30 PM
Updated Course - Steep Sloped Premium Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems - July 2013
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IMU07E
AIA Provider: InfoSpec
Sponsor: Metals USA
This course will better inform the designer on how to properly specify stone coated metal
roofing system. Through a thorough review of installation procedures, cost breakdown and
system benefits to any project, the design professional attending this educational presentation
will be able to knowledgably specify a stone coated metal roofing system into their next project.
1. Define stone coated metal.
2. Depict how stone coated metal roofing is manufactured.
3. Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
4. Describe the installation methods for stone coated metal roofing systems.
5. Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a
project earning LEED certification.
6. Describe how stone coated metal roofing systems are energy efficient & Energy Star
7. Explain the cost benefits of stone coated metal roofing systems.
"This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.