Myofascial Release: Cervical Thoracic
Saturday, October 25, 2014 at 8:00 AM - Sunday, October 26, 2014 at 5:00 PM (CDT)
New Orleans, LA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Myofascial Release: Cervical-Thoracic
Live Seminar (16 CE hours) NCBTMB#451789-11, FL#50-14426, LAP0136
Frequently fascial adhesions do not stay local and stretch to invade distant structures of the body. The purpose of this class is to teach the therapist intuitive palpatory skills and to address the root of the dysfunction rather than chasing and patching the areas of pain. The Cervical-Thoracic region is a complex area with many health and structural implications. All structures must be operating smoothly to maintain health and comfort. Myofascial Release is a gentle long term solution to pain and postural distortions arising from any region of the body. This gentle therapy never forces the system and teaches the body to heal itself both physically and psychologically.
- Each participant will experience their own fascial system and its intense impact on the person physically and psychologically.
- The therapist will be able to discuss the theoretical approaches and inner mechanisms of Myofascial components of the human body.
- The therapist will be able to perform multiple techniques to evaluate restrictions in the body.
- Each participant will perform releases to the anterior, posterior and lateral fascial lines.
- Each participant will perform releases for the superficial and deep fascial systems affecting the cervical-thoracic and abdominal regions as well as restore balance to the temporomandibular joint and shoulder girdles.
- The Therapist will be able to perform a manual scar release.
Additional enrollment options and cancellaton policy available at www.barbarawhitemassage.com
When & Where
Barbara White Seminars
Originally from Tallahassee, Florida, Barbara studied Mathematics and Business in college before relocating to Port Neches, Texas where she married and raised her two boys. Barbara White began her path as a dedicated Massage Therapy educator in 2002 as the founder of Academy for the Healing Arts; Massage and Bodyworks, a well-rounded massage therapy school and full day spa. Serving as the director, lead instructor, lead therapist and continuing education provider, she managed this company until 2008 when the last of 5 hurricanes closed the school down for the second time in three years. Pulling herself up by the boot-straps, Barbara reorganized as a continuing education provider and is now enjoying the opportunity to work with licensed therapists across the country.
Barbara began her career with a specialty in neuromuscular therapy and rehabilitative style bodyworks including Myofascial Release, Lymphatic Drainage, Myoskeletal Alignment, Positional Release and many other alternative healthcare modalities. She worked with a group of physicians and continues to work with a highly skilled Chiropractor. In 2004 Barbara began to explore additional paths of Bodywork and added many Eastern modalities to her repertoire such as Shiatsu, Northern and Southern Thai Massage, Polarity Therapy and Reflexology. Additionally, Barbara practices and trains therapists in Prenatal Massage, Hot and Cold Stone Massage, Hot Bamboo Massage, Spa treatments and her favorite, LomiLomi Hawaiian Massage.
LomiLomi incorporates therapeutic massage, energy intention and focus of eastern bodywork practices and the relaxation and rejuvenation qualities of spa treatments. It is the whole package! Barbara still presents a wide variety of modalities but experiences the greatest joy in sharing the gift of LomiLomi.