My Legacy Foundation, Inc., a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization designed to support the development and life skills of young girls (ages 8-18) in Houston, TX and surrounding areas is kicking off it's Spring, 2013 session!! We've reached out to some of the VERY BEST OF THE BEST here in Houston to host the 2013 seminars! My Legacy Foundation is a nine month long program created to educate, empower and inspire teen girls ages 8-18. During these nine months, the girls will learn leadership skills, the importance of healthy decision making, the power of self esteem, college readiness skills, among many other things.
Our first seminar will be held on MARCH 23, 2013!! This year we're focusing on the following:
- Health and Wellness seminar - Focus on maintaining a healthy lifestyle along with learning proper eating and exercise methods. This seminar will have fun twist geared towards young ladies!
- Etiquette courses - Dining etiquette at its best! Guide to proper dining etiquette.
- Dance Seminars - Learning the art of dance from a professional dancer!
- Fine Arts - Fine Arts gallery owner, John Palmer presents his own "twist" on Fine Arts day!
- Self Esteem Courses - Focus on loving yourself and healthy self-esteem.
- Public Speaking seminars - Higher learning professors focus on public speaking.
- College Day (1) - Representatives from various colleges, universities, and community colleges, will be on hand to share their information with all interested parties.
- College Day (2) - Volunteers will be on hand to assist with college application process, scholarship application assistance, financial aid application assistance, etc. This day will be open to all participants that are interested in enrolling in a higher education institution.
- Finance Seminars - Bank representatives assist with opening bank accounts in addition to a focus on saving, loans, credit, etc.
- Mentoring Program - in addition to all of the above mentioned, each young lady will be paired with a personal mentor. All of our mentors are professionals in their respective careers ranging from Medical doctors/professionals, engineers, professors, attorneys, and many more! All mentors are excited and eager to give back to the community.
- BONUS: FREE TAKS and STAAR Tutoring! (This program is for both girls AND boys)! - Will your SON or DAUGHTER be taking the TAKS or STAAR test in the spring? DOES YOUR CHILD NEED TUTORING IN MATH, SCIENCE, READING OR SOCIAL STUDIES?! The subjects we will focus on are Math, Science, Reading, Writing, & Social Studies for 2nd to 12th graders. There will be dedicated tutors; all educated and successful in their respective careers willing to help and eager to see every child succeed. The volunteer tutors will represent a range of disciplines including Engineers, Doctors, Accountants, Teachers, Social Workers, Athletes & Earth Scientists to name a few.
The tutoring sessions will be offered on an as needed basis, with frequency determined between parents and tutors. Please note we are not limiting the tutoring program to only young ladies, but to young men as well.
- If you're in Houston or surrounding areas, and have a child between the ages of 8-18, contact us for more details @ 713-376-0159 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!