San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Mt. SAC Alumni Day
Friday, November 15, 2013
We're calling all former Mounties back to the campus for our very first ALUMNI DAY. A lot has changed since you went here-- even if that was just a few years ago. We want to take you back to the future and...
- Show you the transformed campus.
- Update you on the exciting things happening here at the college.
- Demonstrate our state-of-the-art classrooom technology.
- Introduce you and your kids to our interactive Planetarium and Exploration Center.
- Connect you with fellow alumni.
- And so much more!
Mt. SAC Day Activities
Campus Van Tours
Sit and relax as our vans whisk you away on a tour of the entire 420-acre campus. Guided by campus leaders, this tour will simply amaze you as you see the many new state-of-the-art facilities and the beauty of the manicured landscape. You’ll be surprised at the size and scope of this place you used to call home! Okay, time won’t permit you to see all 420 acres, but we’ll do the best we can!
Campus Walking Tours
Rather walk than ride? No problem! Join us by foot for a peak at a few of the campus landmarks: Founders Hall, the Arts Complex, the Natural Sciences Complex, the Performing Arts Complex, and our latest and greatest gem, the Design Technology Center.
State of the College
Want to catch up on what’s happening at Mt. SAC and where it’s heading in the future? Then don’t miss the State of the College presentation by none other than Mt. SAC President & CEO Dr. Bill Scroggins. Being a former chemistry professor, he might even answer a couple of your tough chemistry questions during the Q&A session to follow.
The Mt. SAC-Randall Planetarium
Over 1,500 Mt. SAC astronomy students. Over 3,000 kids from local schools. And now you! See why so many have become “star-struck” with our state-of-the-art planetarium and the incredible shows about our universe (running throughout the day). Mt. SAC is one of the nation’s few community colleges that owns and operates a planetarium.
Mt. SAC’s Campus Transformation: Past, Present & Future
See and hear how the Mt. SAC campus has undergone a major physical makeover over time at this interesting presentation by our facilities planning guru, Gary Nellesen. He and his team will also give us a sneak peak at what the campus will look like within the next 10 years.
Wildlife Sanctuary Tour
Mt. SAC’s Wildlife Sanctuary is a 10-acre protected and cultivated preserve for the trees, shrubs and flowers that once grew in abundance here. It was also used by birds and other animals as a migratory refuge and breeding ground.
Mt. SAC Women’s Soccer Game
Come cheer on the Mountie Women as they battle Cerritos College and compete for a state championship. Game time is at 3:00 p.m. at the Soccer Stadium.
We’ve hand-picked a few departments who will open their doors and welcome our visiting alumni. You can visit your former department and get updated, meet current students, and visit with current and retired faculty members.
Get Involved. COME BACK.
Remember Mt. SAC!
When & Where
MT. SAC ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
The mission of the Mt. SAC Alumni Association is to build and connect the alumni family through intellectual, cultural and economic contributions of its large and diverse membership. Throughout the many activities and relationships, the Association promotes the following goals:
- Grow the Association in an inclusive way by connecting its members with each other and the College through effective recruitment efforts, communication, and events.
- Foster a spirit of volunteerism for the benefit of the College by providing members meaningful involvement opportunities that match their interests, talents, gifts and networks.
- Encourage investment and financial support of the College for its ongoing pursuit of excellence in education and service.
- Celebrate the successes of alumni members and celebrate the rich history of the College by promoting the best in Mt. SAC’s traditions and accomplishments.
- Reach out to serve and engage all alumni in lifelong learning opportunities.