When will registration open for this event?
Registration will open 1 July 2013 at 1200 PST. The event sold out in just one week last year, and we expect the same results this year. With this year’s addition of the Games teams, there will be no wait list.
How is Moxie Madness going to make this year better than ever?
After lasts year’s event you spoke, and we listened! With your input we have decided that we need to make this event bigger and better. This year we will have additional Advanced slots specially designated (in addition to the 30) for any CrossFit Affiliate that qualifies for the CrossFit Games.™ With this standard, we plan on giving returning champs a run for their money, and also give our local CrossFit teams a run for their money. Northern California is the birthplace of CrossFit and with that comes some of the most experienced athletes and the Moxie Madness – Affiliate Championship has shown the competition to be steep in the past.
The staff at Moxie Madness Affiliate Championship has also staked a reputation in the community for putting on quality events, and in doing so has gained the respect of a small army of volunteers. Last year the event was armed with over 100 volunteers and judges and will be again this year. So if you are worried about manning such an event, have no fears we can handle it!
How will Moxie Madness overcome outdoor equipment limitations in 2013?
We received this helpful input after sending out a survey to all of our participants:
“Competing outdoors and in a stadium was an exciting experience! Disliked: the workouts were a little limited by the type of equipment that was available. The grass surface on the 2nd day was less than ideal. (though it made everything a new challenge!)”
This year the staff at Moxie Madness has contracted with an equipment supplier that will allow for assembly of an entire pull-up rig, custom sleds, and all the equipment that we could ever need! We will also host both days within Spartan Stadium on the nice even turf. Pull-up rigs limited 2012, and the staff at Moxie Madness assures you that your feedback has been heard!
How many teams can each gym enter?
Gyms may enter only one team per division for Novice and Advanced. Masters teams can be mix matched and come from any gym in the country.
How will the Masters and Novice Division be decided?
Masters division will break down as follows:
- There will be two age groups for Masters: 38-47 and 48+. Your birthday must fall before 1 September within these age groups.
- If you are 48+ and want to compete with the 38-47 age group you rock! Go for it! But you cannot compete the other way.
- You may compete with anyone from any gym that is in your age group. We are really excited about the possibilities here!
Novice division will break down as follows:
- To be considered to be “Novice” you will have to have started CrossFit no earlier than 1 September, 2012.
- This is the honor system. Coaches you know who is Novice, and who is not. Don’t be that team that shows up with a non-Novice team. Trust us, everyone will know!
- This division is meant to show off your new CrossFitters and for new people to gain invaluable experience.
Moxie Madness is in September, there are a lot of things that can happen between now and then, what happens if we have to change team members?
You are not locked in by ANY four team members. If you register with four and bring four totally different members that is fine with us! Just sign up for your appropriate division and show up with you’re A game! Moxie Madness (and everyone competing against you) want you to have the best team that you can field that weekend, you are not locked in to any specific team by any means.