San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Date: Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Time: 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM
Location: NYU Langone Medical Center, 550 First Ave, NYC
About the Conference
Join us on Tuesday, October 28th, 2014 in New York City at the NYU Center for the Study of Asian American Health (CSAAH)'s 7th Biennial Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders (AAs and NHPIs) Health Conference, co-hosted by the Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum (APIAHF).
Featuring Keynote Speaker
Vivek Murthy, MD, MBA
President and Co-Founder, Doctors for America
U.S. Surgeon General Nominee
The overall goal of our conference is to empower community-based organizations, academic institutions, and government agencies to achieve health equity. Through dialogue, information sharing, and dissemination of existing models and best practices, our specific goals are to:
- Increase the collection and reporting of disaggregated and meaningful data on AAs and NHPIs
- Continue and expand the focus on social determinants of health in AAs and NHPIs through the promotion of action-oriented research and multi-sector approaches.
Early Bird Admission fees extended through Oct 18, 2014
Registration fees include breakfast, plenary sessions, lunch, and an evening reception.
Scroll down for Hotel and Additional Conference Information.
Travel Accomodations: Hotels
Here are a few suggested hotels close to the NYU Langone Medical Center:
- The Pod 39 Hotel, 145 East 39th Street (between 3rd Ave & Lexington Ave)
- Park South Hotel, 122 E. 28th Street
- Affinia Dumont Hotel, 140 E 34th St (between 3rd Ave & Lexington Ave)
- Wyndham Garden Hotel, 37 W 24th Street (btwn 5th and 6th Ave)
- Holiday Inn NYC Midtown 31st Street, 30-32 West 31St Street (corner of Broadway)
- The Marcel at Gramercy, 201 E 24th St (Corner of 3rd ave)
- Hotel Chandler, 12 E 31st St (between Madison Ave & 5th Ave)
- W Hotel Union Square, 201 Park Ave S (between 17th and 18th Streets)
When & Where
The NYU School of Medicine's Center for the Study of Asian American Health (CSAAH) works to reduce health disparities in the Asian American community through research, training, and partnership. http://asian-health.med.nyu.edu/